• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

armor piercing 30-06 rounds

JWGILLAM

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 6, 2009
asheville nc
didn't know where best to post this so please don't brutalize me if this isn't the best place to post it. got almost a ammo can full of this old armor piercing m2 ammo from denver ordnance plant, stamped den 43.gramps said i could use the brass to resize for my 25-06. this stuff is stiff brass not good for resizing, have been told and experienced. this is loaded ammunition was told worth up to $1.50 a round(by ammo collector website host)?? can anyone consult what to do with it. though about selling it in the wts section but is it even legal to sell openly being armor piercing?? thoughts-opinions-inputs???

Re: armor piercing 30-06 rounds

from my vast experience and in-depth knowledge coupled with hands on first person on-the-scene personal trigger yanking....this stuff tends to be the more consistent and accurate '06 there is

get your Garand and knock over a brinks truck......

lmao don't have a grand. pops has a 760 pump i'll hunt with but gramps wore the barrel out of it shooting that stuff i just dunno wtf i should or could do with it. seriously considering trying to sell it to buy a B & C stock for my .308

i guess pops and gramps did sound hickish, thanks for the grammer comment/crack and back on topic we go....

Collectors' item. Period.

Old brass hardens with age, brass that old is probably very difficult to realod without annealing.

The tips themselves are worth about a buck each, the loaded rounds in original packages are worth 2-3 bucks a pop. It's not legal in CA, as well as NJ and MA most likely. IL I'd doubt you can sell it too...

If it's in 30-06 it's OK to have, but if it's loaded in 308 it counts as AP pistol ammo which is a no-no.

It's consistent and good ammo in a Garand as Boltripper said. If you don't want to shoot it and you want to sell it, then take it to a gunshow and offload it. Some moron will pay you a bunch for it, or put it on GunBroker.

It's not as good as an SMK, but back in 1960 it was the best LR garand ammo on the flooded market.

I snatch up as much of the ol' black tip M2 as I can for my Garand.... She loves it! As to the legalities of it being AP, it's on the GTG list for non-commie States at least...