• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Arms unlimited???

Dildobaggins

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Jun 26, 2020
    So, before I begin. I'm not shitting on these people, but I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with armsunlimited lately? I placed an order for a Colt LE6920 Tuesday night. FFL sent his info via email Wednesday morning.

When I purchased the item, they sent an e-receipt, and an automated email for my FFL information. I tried emailing them to confirm that they received this information, and got nothing. Called them and it goes to an answering machine. Are these people legit? I researched them a little before buying it and they looked fine. Then after this I did some more and they have horrid reviews. Website says all orders ship within 24-48 hours. Obviously it'll be different with a firearm purchase but still...

They’re legit…and slow.
    Thats what I was worried about. I'm in commie country (NY) and come September, I'd have to get a permit to be able to obtain an AR, and defend my family and property, because they hate law abiding people here.

They have a history of taking orders for more item than they have in stock, giving buyers the runaround for a month or more, and then buyers being forced to file chargebacks. This was even before COVID made things more difficult for retailers. I had that runaround from them years ago on a Blackhawk silencer they were closing out. They lied to me over many emails to tell me they did have one for me and it was just waiting Form 3. Eventually they admitted the didn't actually have it and claimed they'd make it right. Ultimately, they told me they wouldn't do anything but also wouldn't refund my money. I had to file a credit card chargeback to get my money back, which was quickly resolved in my favor.

For present day, they offer many HK firearms that did not come from HK USA and therefore have zero warranty support. But they don't call that out on any of their product listings. So buyers have no idea of the risk. Sure, some buyers would still buy from them, but they should be up front about what they are selling and what it means to a buyer.

They have a history of taking orders for more item than they have in stock, giving buyers the runaround for a month or more, and then buyers being forced to file chargebacks. This was even before COVID made things more difficult for retailers. I had that runaround from them years ago on a Blackhawk silencer they were closing out. They lied to me over many emails to tell me they did have one for me and it was just waiting Form 3. Eventually they admitted the didn't actually have it and claimed they'd make it right. Ultimately, they told me they wouldn't do anything but also wouldn't refund my money. I had to file a credit card chargeback to get my money back, which was quickly resolved in my favor.

For present day, they offer many HK firearms that did not come from HK USA and therefore have zero warranty support. But they don't call that out on any of their product listings. So buyers have no idea of the risk. Sure, some buyers would still buy from them, but they should be up front about what they are selling and what it means to a buyer.
    Holy shit. Sorry to hear that about your order. I think I'm going to give them until Wednesday. That will be a week, and if I don't hear anything, then I'll file a dispute with my credit card. I read about 20 of 200 plus reviews on Yelp, and many of them were like your story. Another site had like 200 plus reviews and they had a 1 star rating. I don't know what I was doing ordering from them. I can't even get ahold of anyone, but they are posting on Thier social media accounts so someone is there.

Ordered 9mm can. Took more than 3 weeks to get it shipped to FFL. Never have I had a dealer take longer than 3 days to get it shipped. Also, only responded after I told them that I wanted a refund. Will never do business with them again. Look at their reviews on website. Not good.

Reactions: Dildobaggins
    I have placed multiple orders with them and never had an issue. Granted I didn't buy a weapon or can though.

They sell an awesome 2-point sling that is the equal of the big names at half or less then what those big names charge. Sling is $15 and made in USA to boot. I own about 10 of them.

I have ordered many times from AU without issues. As Steve ^^^^^ says never a problem, sometimes they have items that no other dealers or distributors sell. They used to be able to source Colt uppers nobody else had, HK pistols not imported by HK USA and Beretta pistols at great price points. Surefire lights/lasers great prices too, they don't seem to be anymore. They are a small operation and shipping is sometimes slow for sure. Patience is a virtue when dealing with AU.

And in response to ordering a silencer and expecting it to ship in 3 days isn't going to happen anywhere, it still needs to have the form 3 from them to your FFL/SOT approved by ATF which doesn't happen in 3 days in my experience. 3 weeks sounds fast to me even for a form 3 unless I'm missing something.........

Unfortunately, for me I live in communist NY, and the new package of bills they just signed is insane. After September, I would need a permit to be able to obtain any semi auto rifle, much like a pistol permit, which by the way is still incredibly hard to obtain, even in Upstate NY. So I don't have the time to give them time. Wish I looked I to them more before purchasing.

Ordered 9mm can. Took more than 3 weeks to get it shipped to FFL. Never have I had a dealer take longer than 3 days to get it shipped. Also, only responded after I told them that I wanted a refund. Will never do business with them again. Look at their reviews on website. Not good.
    This depends on when the Form 3 is submitted and how long the ATF takes to approve. I’ve seen a day to approve, I’ve seen three weeks to approve, and I’ve also seen the FFL take two weeks just to submit the damn form itself.

Daniel S emailed me and said the item shipped on the 7th, and gave me a tracking number. Checked the tracking number and it says "label created." Read about 20 reviews from others about this happening, and they either get their product a month later or just never receive it at all. First and last time for me

Reactions: ShootnFool8
    Daniel S emailed me and said the item shipped on the 7th, and gave me a tracking number. Checked the tracking number and it says "label created." Read about 20 reviews from others about this happening, and they either get their product a month later or just never receive it at all. First and last time for me
    That's an artifact of bulk mail collection/drop-off. I stand in line to make sure the counter folks get the scan, but that's obviously not an option for a business shipping hundreds of packages weekly.

That's an artifact of bulk mail collection/drop-off. I stand in line to make sure the counter folks get the scan, but that's obviously not an option for a business shipping hundreds of packages weekly.
    Can you explain this to me like I'm 5-8 years old? What do you mean by artifact of bulk collection? Does this imply that UPS does infact have the package?

Can you explain this to me like I'm 5-8 years old? What do you mean by artifact of bulk collection? Does this imply that UPS does infact have the package?
    Labels have to be physically scanned. If you create the label and then drop the package in a bulk collection container, there’s no guarantee a postal worker down the line scans the package at that facility and it may not receive a scan until it arrives at a sorting center near you. However, they could have just created the label and not dropped the package off/had it picked up - there’s no ACTUAL way to tell via tracking.

Label created means just that, label is created.
    Might be vaporware or might mean label went on package and will be picked up by carrier later in day.
    Once carrier picks up, label will be scanned and you’ll be able to see movement of package.
    If no updates to tracking # by Wednesday AM, then something less than positive might be happening.

Labels have to be physically scanned. If you create the label and then drop the package in a bulk collection container, there’s no guarantee a postal worker down the line scans the package at that facility and it may not receive a scan until it arrives at a sorting center near you. However, they could have just created the label and not dropped the package off/had it picked up - there’s no ACTUAL way to tell via tracking.
    Thanks for the info. Appriciate it.
    Might be vaporware or might mean label went on package and will be picked up by carrier later in day.
    Once carrier picks up, label will be scanned and you’ll be able to see movement of package.
    If no updates to tracking # by Wednesday AM, then something less than positive might be happening.
    It's harder to find a positive review than a negative with these people. Hate to sound negative, but I'll guarantee a label was created and nothing is being done with it. If that's not the case then I'll update my response.

If they don't give the postal carrier a scan sheet on pickup there's no way their pickup container is getting all the packages scanned. Mail carriers are not industrious and aren't paid by the hour, but by the route length.

Thanks for the info. Appriciate it.

It's harder to find a positive review than a negative with these people. Hate to sound negative, but I'll guarantee a label was created and nothing is being done with it. If that's not the case then I'll update my response.

Nothing to worry about, it's typical AU. You order, the same day or next you get the item shipped notice except it's not shipped but the label is created. Any company using USPS, DHL, UPS or FedEx all do the same. Patience grasshopper AU is not a scammer if that's what you're worried about.

I think the issue might be that alot of these places dont have the physical rifle at their business. They are shipping from a distributor warehouse to keep prices low. Thus sometimes they either cant get it or shipping is delayed because they arent the ones actually shipping the item.

I purchased a rare HK Euro import from them probably the better part of a year ago, and they shipped it off to the FFL in just under a week.

Just got the Colt today. Inspected it for about an hour. It's marked "M4 carbine." And has all the correct markings to my knowledge, other than one on the inside of the extractor. However the extractor had brass fouling on it. Are these rifles test fired? Nothing left to do but shoot it I suppose.

Typically most manufactures test fire before leaving the factory. Did you order the complete rifle or the oem 1? I got one late last year and has the new "carbine" laser engraved. Is yours roll marked or laser engraved?

Typically most manufactures test fire before leaving the factory. Did you order the complete rifle or the oem 1? I got one late last year and has the new "carbine" laser engraved. Is yours roll marked or laser engraved?
    I figured. I've only bought 1 other complete rifle, the rest I built myself. I bought the 6920 OEM 2 with no furniture. It's laser engraved with "M4 carbine." Arms unlimited specifically states that they are engraved that way.