• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Army doing more Queer Eye for a Straight Guy with their uniforms.....

pmclaine

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Nov 6, 2011
    MA
    But this time they may have nailed it. Whats old is new.

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your...a-present-a-long-awaited-new-service-uniform/

64OYY4GQIBAMVAH767ZYOQG2AE.jpg

Reactions: Bender and 1J04
    I like it! I didn't get the Blues...after all they call Army Big Green, don't they?? Made no sense to me. This says "ARMY".

Reactions: 1J04
    The Blues were a good touch at remembering the Indian War Cavalry days. Not a bad uniform.

With the adoption of this it will need to be seen if they resemble more Ben Affleck in that dumb Pearl Harbor movie or actually pull it off looking like Dick Winters ready to kick ass.

Whos going to be the first General Officer to polish his helmet and get some Dehner riding boots?

Reactions: splean and 1J04
    The Staff Sergeant has a spot on her dress or skirt or whatever.

Somebody could have at least sent those three to a tailor and taught them how to wear their belts before taking the sample photo. I've seen first phase recruits look more squared away.

Good eye. Dunno what the army calls it, but ya, gig lines damn it. :)

lol @jrassy I shoulda kept on reading.

hahhahahaha, jarheads all upset the uniform is not looking good, ,,,,,,, but they each get issued a 300WM and an M4, no biggie, I would be banging the shit out of the girl on the right. and even left after a 6 pack.

priorities gents

hahhahahaha, jarheads all upset the uniform is not looking good, ,,,,,,, but they each get issued a 300WM and an M4, no biggie, I would be banging the shit out of the girl on the right. and even left after a 6 pack.

priorities gents
    Fuck man, one on the left is transgender!

Reactions: 308220
    Good eye. Dunno what the army calls it, but ya, gig lines damn it. :)

lol @jrassy I shoulda kept on reading.

Didn't call it anything as I recall. I was a super shitty garrison soldier though, I never got the day off for ironed uniforms or shined boots. I only put on class A's one time. 9/11 happened that day, spent the night on QRF (with a full combat load) and walked the parade field the next day. I had an ROE card before I had a unit patch! Consequently, berets happened halfway through also.

The dress uniforms are mostly for POG's anyway. FWIW, I think the blue one they have now is the sharpest one they've ever had. This new uniform every other year has to be the result of some textile company playing butthole games with somebody here's senator.

I think the 3 in the cultural sensitivities group above may have it right though, the jackets button on different sides and it looks like the buckle is oriented that way. Or fuck, who knows? Only marines get worked up about that because they all went through the same "how to put clothes on" class as the next guy --army just assumes you know that already!

And no, the tranny doesn't have a blue cord, though I'm sure they're working on that (it is a tranny right?).

Reactions: 1J04 and ArmyJerry
    Meanwhile, in the Corps, the dress uniforms haven't changed for shit (no need) in the past 50yrs, save maybe loosing the old horse blanket overcoats (I miss those; warm as shit).

Reactions: jrassy
    Meanwhile, in the Corps, the dress uniforms haven't changed for shit (no need) in the past 50yrs, save maybe loosing the old horse blanket overcoats (I miss those; warm as shit).

Well.......WMs will be going with the high collar blues coat and barracks cover soon.

No changes on the guy side save area commanders can decide what color camouflage is appropriate to wear.

I love the diversity. A transgender. A black, and an asian. Diversity is our strength!

If they bring that back, with BROWN shoes only, throw the fucking berets in the trash, and wear the same trousers with khaki shirts for summer wear, and severely limit the amount of shit they can hang on their uniform, they'll have something.

Imagine paratroopers wearing brown corcorans and cunt caps. Bout time.

But if you want to see unform gayness, look no further than the Navy

What in the actual fuck are these:
    1542302543050.png

1542302589899.png

Unbelievably fucking stupid and embarrassing to be seen wearing that shit

@308pirate

Top guy has the body shape that would suggest he is a bottom guy.

Those green Canadian utilities are a sht ton better than the abortion blue digitals the Navy had.

If the Navy had any sack they would rent the movie "Sand Pebbles" and go back to a tradition that was a good working uniform and looked sharp. The cotton materials of denim and chambray didnt melt in fire either.

Why don't we have anymore Patton's , middle east would just be a vast area with spent tank shells and tore up rags.
    Why don't we have anymore Pattons

Patton is there now....

He was there to witness the destruction of the Carthaginians.....

He was there to witness the destruction of the Afrika Corps......

He is there now.

.....and Brian Williams says he is also there.

"You know what'd be great? Let's go back to a uniform that looks like the Marine's Alphas, but we will still hang all our shit and patches all over it"

I do like the green ties though......motherfuckers

If the Navy had any sack they would rent the movie "Sand Pebbles" and go back to a tradition that was a good working uniform and looked sharp. The cotton materials of denim and chambray didnt melt in fire either.
    Dude, FUCK dungarees. I wore them as a Sea Cadet. Hell no.

I have to disagree with you on the blue camo. It was utterly pointless but at least it made sense from an operational evironment sense.....Navy = sea = blue. How in the hell does an army lookalike uniform make any fucking sense for the Navy?

The Coast Guard working uniform makes sense for a maritime service
    dsc_7844-edit.jpg%3Fw%3D450%26h%3D306

The Royal Canadian Navy's combat dress uniform makes sense too
    OKR9M8e.jpg

Ours is a joke

Reactions: MarinePMI
    Seems like late in their service life the Navy went all skinny jeans with the dungarees and even went polyester to replace chambray not the same gear as the WWII stuff I think.

The blue camouflage is dumb in light of a man going overboard besides camo in the navy, at sea, seems kind of dumb. The enemy isnt looking for men it looks for ships. I guess they cant see the ships for the men kind of like the forest/tree analogy.

Yes the CG and Canuckians look to have useful work uniforms.

...The blue camouflage is dumb in light of a man going overboard besides camo in the navy, at sea, seems kind of dumb. The enemy isnt looking for men it looks for ships. I guess they cant see the ships for the men kind of like the forest/tree analogy.

Yes the CG and Canuckians look to have useful work uniforms.
    When my cutter was on patrol in the North Pacific/ Bering Sea I ALWAYS made it a point to wear as much orange as possible because you stand almost no chance of being seen without it, we picked up a crabber in a bright orange survival suit in heavy seas one night after his boat sank and we were surprisingly close to him before we saw him. Blue uniforms aren’t your friend when you stand a decent chance of going over the side.

Seems like late in their service life the Navy went all skinny jeans with the dungarees and even went polyester to replace chambray not the same gear as the WWII stuff I think.
    The dungarees I'm talking about (the ones I wore as a Sea Cadet) were the real deal chambray shirts and denim bell bottom jeans with square pockets. This was back in the early 80s, when the Navy was still wearing dungarees straight up out of WW2. Only difference was most sailors wore blue command ballcaps instead of dixie cups, if given a choice.

When my cutter was on patrol in the North Pacific/ Bering Sea I ALWAYS made it a point to wear as much orange as possible because you stand almost no chance of being seen without it, we picked up a crabber in a bright orange survival suit in heavy seas one night after his boat sank and we were surprisingly close to him before we saw him. Blue uniforms aren’t your friend when you stand a decent chance of going over the side.

Good point. If the Navy wanted a practical, seagoing uniform, the shirt/blouse should have plenty of blaze orange, Hi-Viz yellow, and reflective material on it.

The service that needs a real dress uniform overhaul is the AF. Looks like a cheap suit. Feels like one too.

These prototypes would have been awesome:
    1542372736037.png

These are sharp as hell too and slightly more modern with a WW2 cut to them
    1542372796356.png

BTW that SMSgt looks like a hittable MILF to me