• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Army troubles again

mrjimsfc

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 28, 2011
Centerville, Utah
Somehow I just know <span style="color: #3366FF">this</span> is going to come back to hurt our soldiers still in Afghanistan! Interesting how media paints the problem to make it seem like American soldiers are the bad guys. I sure hope the equipment wasn't left over in Afghanistan where it would be used against our soldiers.

Re: Army troubles again

I was reading about this over the weekend and thought to myself, someone is gonna be in a world of shit.

I remember when I was in the army, the unit next door to us went into lock down over a missing hand grenade. They had concertina wire and everything around the barracks. It took a long time for the guy to come forward too.

What's with Fort Lewis? Seems like everytime a soldiar gets in troulbe it's a Ft Lewis soldier.

I went to basic at Ft Lewis, hope my name doesn't show up on a list.

It already has, Kraig:

Ignore List - Over Aged and Incompetent;(But don't get within 1000m of said personnel)

kraigWY
Killer Spade 13

That stuff sucks. When I was in we always had the higher ups giving us “health and comfort inspections”. It is amazing how gear turns up missing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kraigWY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's with Fort Lewis? Seems like everytime a soldiar gets in troulbe it's a Ft Lewis soldier.

I went to basic at Ft Lewis, hope my name doesn't show up on a list. </div></div>

Kraig I don't think a old cop like you needs to worry, I think the 1903s that they issued you and you stole has been written off! However, that saddle I hear they are still looking for. Don't worry, I gave them your Anchorage address to go look at!
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Killer Spade 13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It already has, Kraig:

Ignore List - Over Aged and Incompetent;(But don't get within 1000m of said personnel)

kraigWY
Killer Spade 13 </div></div>

If you ignore someone like Kraig, your making a mistake, that guy is a wealth ok knowledge!

Maybe I am missing something here BUT WHY IS THIS A NEWS STORY?
When I was in the ARMY as Cavalry Scout this happened several times, and they didn't alway lock down the company, they would sometimes do it with the entire Squadron. Sometime it was a weapon that was lost or misplaced or another sensitive item and if it happened in the field, we would stay in the field until the item was found. It was the largest police call I ever saw in the middle of the desert, 1000+ troops online walking across the sand. I never remember it being published as a news story.
What is really funny is that there seems to be no end of dumb rejects that think they can pull this off.

So a few PEQ boxes/DBALs, PVS 14s and probably some sort of thermal scope, although I can't think of any that cost in the 6 figure range, more like low 5 figure, unless thats the cost of all items compiled.

8 years of ( Of The Troops For The Troops ) And I saw everything you could think ripped off. Hell it didnt have to be worth anything and it would be pinched. I allways wanted to ask one of them " what the hell were you gonna do with that " but after the rights form was filled out you had to be careful before MPI got there.

That ain't even newsworthy. How many times has anyone who serves in any Army uinit been on lockdown because some douche nozzle lost or stole some equipment. It's quite common on every base across teh world, and several times a year if the stats on just one base relfect the whole in it's entirety