• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ArmyJerry, What Would You Do With a 12 lb. Picnic Shoulder Roast?

Veer_G

Beware of the Dildópony!
Minuteman
Jun 15, 2008
SEPA
Hmm? Do give me your recommendation, please.

He would add some tannerite. Build a catapult launcher and launch over the border wall at the venezualens! Or he would cut a hole, stick his dick in it and offer free food to the illegal gifs showing up on the border!

Reactions: pmclaine
pernil_1.png

Reactions: Snipe260
You slit the picnic shoulder all over about and inch and a half deep and stuff the slits with a paste mixture of (in this case) ground garlic, black pepper, oregano, and olive oil. The shoulder gets an all-over rub with two spice mixtures, sazón, and adobo, and the juice of an orange. It sits overnight and then you roast it foil-covered at 350º for 30-35 minutes per lb. At the end, you pull the foil, and throw on the broiler to crisp the skin. Some people will cut the fat cap off, along with the skin, but leaving it in place allows it to baste the pork. The crisped skin is great by itself, but even better sliced and fried as chicharrón.

Looks good. I've done similar, but no juice and I don't even know what those last to spices are. Rosemary is good too.

Looks good. I've done similar, but no juice and I don't even know what those last to spices are. Rosemary is good too.

That's why I provided links. You can easily get them from Goya at a supermarket serving a Latino population.

Taylor Ham is a whole 'nother subject. Best thing to ever come from Trenton, aside from tomato pies.

Here's what they like to do with picnic shoulders in Spain:

If anything, it's even simpler than the Caribbean model. @308pirate , you got any good pernil stories?

No, not really. Other than as Noche Buena gets closer, my hangriness for lechon a la varita grows

No, not really. Other than as Noche Buena gets closer, my hangriness for lechon a la varita grows

Mmm. I feel the need to let the madness overtake me and head to Union City for some lechón asado.

Mmm. I feel the need to let the madness overtake me and head to Union City for some lechón asado.

A. Morons don't know how to spell "vara"

B. @ArmyJerry go to 3:57 for the real meat. Dat yellow & blue tho.......THICK

Taylor Ham is a whole 'nother subject. Best thing to ever come from Trenton, aside from tomato pies.

Here's what they like to do with picnic shoulders in Spain:

If anything, it's even simpler than the Caribbean model. @308pirate , you got any good pernil stories?

I have tasted Heaven and it was served at DeLorenzos on Hamilton Ave in Trenton .
They moved but still a Sonata for the palette. Reinforces my argument that Jersey has the best pizza in the Country .

Progress report:

pernil_4_browning.png

Done, except for browning the fat cap. Jack it up to the broiler and watch it like a hawk.

beans_on_boil.png

Stewed kidney beans on the boil, simmering now. Rice in about 30 minutes.

Miami living 15 years MFers, La Caja China, the only way to do it. Simple and perfect every time, cook a whole goddam pig.

Union City works too.

This is a non Union City redneck Cuban (which most are)

Backseat Driver 6 is dissecting the pernil, scraping fat from the back of the cracklins and getting rid of the other unacceptable bits as I write. I suggested dumping it 20 yards into the woods to see what sort of ruckus it would stir up, and the dog gave me a dirty look. Tomorrow, pernil gravy.

Reactions: ArmyJerry