• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Arrests made in the attack on Sgt. Aparicoio,

Re: Arrests made in the attack on Sgt. Aparicoio,

"Howard, 18, has an extensive criminal history."

Either the rules have changed about juvenile records, or this animal has been busy in the last year.

He should be removed from society either way.

Another example of what's wrong with the world... Had they attacked any of the Army guys that I know, three on one would not have been a fair fight for the Army to accept.

Here in Michigan, a few years ago, a teenager attempted to pickpocket a seventy-year old Marine who was in line at to cash-out at a local store. The Marine beat him and held him until police arrived.

I feel bad for the soldier, and I hope he's OK, but whenever I've had my ass kicked I took it as a lesson in what skills I needed to work on.

Yes, that was obviously Sgt. Aparicoio's fault.
mad.gif

My guess is the other two assholes will be rolled up later today, if the aren't already at the Orient street jail!

Graham, I don't know much about Sgt. Aparicoio's fighting skills but 4-1 is usually pretty tough odds to overcome. For all we know, there may have been others nearby and it was only the 4 most aggressive who jumped in for the beat down.

Personally I would have been gratified to find that he had drilled them all, once the pretense of panhandling turned into a robbery.

Man, if any one of my Soldiers, or back in teh day, Marines came back with a story like that, we took care of business. We went out in mass, we hunted, adn we exacted the most serious form of revenge ass whooping, and we finished with a lesson to the asshole that we know would last the rest of their lives. We made sure they knew that if they ever, ever even thought to do something like this again, we would kill them. Yes, this is a very serious threat, and yes, we meant it. We took care of our own, and we did't call cops either, we handled our own affairs, and we insured the well being of our own.
I am pretty certain there are still those kind about and it makes me wonder why the military doesn't have more these days(although I have heard of a certain amount of pussification while in garrison)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
(I)wonder why the military doesn't have more these days(although I have heard of a certain amount of pussification while in garrison)</div></div>
Political correctness.
There was a time when handling your own business was encourage or even demanded. Now if retribution from his battles came to light we would read a head line in monster sized print. "Army gang clashes with Street gang in retaliation." or some other bullshit the joes would get rounded up and charged with various felonies. This is the modern age we live in; where thugs don't have to fear soldiers handling their business. They get a lawyer and a commuted sentence.

Somebody above called these "animals." I, myself, am not a vegetarian. Ergo, animals have a use. These cockroaches do not.

Insects should be crushed, exterminated, and swept away. They've proven themselves "of no use to society" therefore, plug 'em in.

Yeah, I'm a cold callous bastard. At what point do we (as society) say "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH?"

Or are you of the opinion that they need a hug, and some lovin'?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eracer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, that was obviously Sgt. Aparicoio's fault.
mad.gif
</div></div>No one is talking about blame. Why change to subject? A victim can't be at fault for a criminal attack.

Agree Switch. That is why 12oz ballpeen hammers were invented. Shattered kneecaps leave that lifetime impression.

I'm with Switchblade....nothing is remembered more than one of those ass kickings where vision doesn't become clear again for 12 months because of swelling. That impression lasts much longer than an arrest, ass kissing the legal system and being rewarded with probation because you yourself were a 'victim of life' because of your upbringing based on either/or race, community, single parent and poverty, etc!!!

Kinda like a dog or a breaking a horse, there are some actions that bring a reaction of pain that is remembered for a life time!

It wont happen until the media is corrected in their mistakes, the Government is put back in its place and people like all of us stand up together with a voice loud enough to wake people up and spur them into action.

Watch the gangland shows on tv some time that is an hour long show that focuses on a different gang each episode. Tells of their history, crimes and talks to members. All are useless bastards with no jobs who roam around thieving, killing and selling drugs. I live nowhere so we don't see it but apparently they are everywhere in any medium sized and bigger city. I am with you Sean.....it's way past time to eliminate them all. Its not just the Army that has undergone pussification with sensitivity and turn the cheek training.....it's society in general.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SDWhirlwind</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kinda like a dog or a breaking a horse, there are some actions that bring a reaction of pain that is remembered for a life time! </div></div>I can't speak to its effect on humans, but there are non-violent ways to train horses:
http://www.montyroberts.com/ab_about_monty_calendar/courses/

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SDWhirlwind</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kinda like a dog or a breaking a horse, there are some actions that bring a reaction of pain that is remembered for a life time! </div></div>I can't speak to its effect on humans, but there are non-violent ways to train horses:
http://www.montyroberts.com/ab_about_monty_calendar/courses/ </div></div>

Ya, I know, reason with them!!!! While he is an excellent trainer nothing is 100%, seen his work! Just like humans there is an exception to every rule. I have spent all of my life around dogs and horses,cattle and every critter that goes with it, what works 99.9% of the time doesn't cover that other 1/10th! Sometimes biting an ear, a knee in the gut or a bucket of cold water gets the point across the same as waiting 2yrs for them to decide on their own! Just like the previously mentioned 'ass kicking'!! How many times have you allowed a horse to kick and stomp the shit out of you while trying to trim feet which had been done 50 times prior, and you were in a hurry to get some cows in with upcoming storm?? How ironic, an uneducated crippled SD country boy trying to justify his remarks to a MI attorney huh?
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SDWhirlwind</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ya, I know, reason with them!!!!...Just like the previously mentioned 'ass kicking'!! How many times have you allowed a horse to kick and stomp the shit out of you while trying to trim feet which had been done 50 times prior...</div></div>I think you're right: Sometimes it is easier to reason with a horse.
grin.gif

And like people, some horses only understand the language of violence. I am not a psychologist, but in both cases it's probably a result of an ineffective break-in process.

I knew you'd understand what I was saying this time and wouldn't respond with another sarcastic and snyde remark!!!

I have always known I wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer but I am still smart enough to realize that some people will never admit someone else may know more about some things then they do so to try and explain further or argue is like pissing in your pants, feels warm and comfy at the time, but.....narcassistic comes to mind but that is a big word for me!

Geez, how long has it been since I mentioned how much I enjoy this place anymore? No further explanations or comments from me on this subject. You thrive on internet suttle put downs and hints, I don't!! Thus the difference in our post counts. Pretty apparent that we access, respect and treat strangers in a completely different manner!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eracer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, that was obviously Sgt. Aparicoio's fault.
mad.gif
</div></div>No one is talking about blame. Why change to subject? A victim can't be at fault for a criminal attack. </div></div>

Really??

Lets look at the Martin/Zimmerman case.

In this case the victim Zimmerman is being made out to be a criminal, even by the POTUS.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SDWhirlwind</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Geez, how long has it been since I mentioned how much I enjoy this place anymore? No further explanations or comments from me on this subject. You thrive on internet suttle put downs and hints, I don't!! Thus the difference in our post counts. Pretty apparent that we access, respect and treat strangers in a completely different manner! </div></div>Wow.
shocked.gif
Are you having a bad day? I'm not used to personal insults from you. And with regard to your claim that you never use subtle put-downs, I'm not sure that I agree with the implication in your last post that farmers are any better than lawyers.

I don't know enough about you to judge you as a person. But I do agree that this place has changed: It used to be bolder and it used to be harder to offend people. Now everyone demands respect without first earning it. It's as if exchanging posted replies is like trading candy or bubblegum cards: Everyone is assumed to be on an equal footing and there's no more a need to earn respect by showing and sharing one's knowledge, experience and advice. But then, in the past the group was smaller, we would meet regularly at the matches and people knew you as a person. So if you wanted to put someone down you couldn't simply insult his post count and walk away.

Today, rather than criticize what people post when it is so obviously wrong, we are told to ignore it instead. Doing that offends fewer people but it also lowers the quality of the available information on the site. That said, I agree with you again: I do thrive on unvarnished criticism. Sometimes I don't like it much, but it's a powerful way for me to improve my knowlege of things and of myself. The hardest part for me is to remember to listen instead of getting defensive. I hear what you are saying: I come across as sarcastic. Guilty: Sometimes I am being sarcastic. But it's not meant to be malicious.

Oh, and the lawyer in me quips that you and I probably meet different kinds of strangers.
wink.gif

Well Graham, if I am really really off base and you weren't in fact insinuating that I know little about people, horses and dogs than I sincerely apologize.

Just seems you are generally making somewhat snyde and condescending remarks contrary to your beliefs, values, education etc in many posts to almost everyone. Again, I apologize if I am wayyyy off base, just get that impression of you but then again typing on the net the way most do leaves alot sometimes to comprehend true intent between the lines!!! I don't as a rule carry on conversations with people who I feel are talking down to me or insinuating I am of lesser knowledge, skills, education etc. I don't do internet argueing and rarely do so in person for several reasons. I try my damndest to treat a stranger as a friend, equal and so forth, was raised that way and damn sure have no reason to think I am any better than anyone else, especially someone I don't know.

I been around awhile and met quite a number of people. Most good but I didn't fall off no turnip truck yesterday, some people only 'get it' with a real ass kicking. Also as stated I grew up on a farm ranch, rode and broke my share of great horses and some real shit in my younger years. Some of my health issues and arthritis are associated with Horse 1, me 0!!!! Never claimed to be a 'true' cowboy! A couple of great ones, most good ones and a couple POS that weren't fit for the glue bottle. Been around herds of 500-800+ numerous times sorting, moving, doctoring etc so I honestly admit I am by no means a professional but also not a dude! My experiences prove that there are some horses, some dogs and some people that are of little to no value to themselves or society. Nobody going to change my mind on that and that being the reason I compared some people to some aforementioned equine and cannine.

Also unless I misinterpret your first paragraph I never said "farmers are any better than lawyers". Usually quite the opposite education wise but that doesn't mean in any way that they are inferior to any other profession. My own father who will be 89 next month never passed his 8th grade test but there never was a more professional, more honest, more hard working farmer/rancher in SD who accomplished alot considering losing his father @ 13 and being debt free by the mid 80's.

Sorry for the long ramble, I tend to do that to make things clear on my end if need be. Again Graham I sincerely apologize if I misread/misinterpeted your original remarks!

Oh, and yes, I am having a shitty day but not because of your posts!
wink.gif
Just got back from Doc and need to do a sleep apnea study, maybe that will help my daily moods, comprehension skills etc?

Also found out late yesterday that a nice gent and Vietnam Vet I knew for 35+ yrs couldn't deal with his lifelong demons any longer made a lasting impression on his sweet wife by scattering his brains around the house.They live just out of town. Hitting pretty close to home somedays!!! I, exwife and mother made such a memorable discovery of my aunt a few yrs back so my heart just aches for her. No excuse for being a dick though on my part!

Respectfully,
Dennis

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SDWhirlwind</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well Graham, if I am really really off base and you weren't in fact insinuating that I know little about people, horses and dogs than I sincerely apologize.</div></div>I didn't mean that at all. I had no idea it might have been taken that way, and had I known that you would have read it that way I wouldn't have written it. Sometimes using the printed word isn't the best way to have these conversations. I'm sorry if I offended you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SDWhirlwind</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just seems you are generally making somewhat snyde and condescending remarks contrary to your beliefs, values, education etc in many posts to almost everyone. </div></div>I do challenge people. I challenge their beliefs and I challenge my own. I make no apology for that. Scrutiny, like peer review, can be a wonderful equalizer. I'm not surprised that the people who have a habit of posting stupidities and talking out their ass (not you, BTW) hate that I challenge what they say.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bgbill</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eracer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, that was obviously Sgt. Aparicoio's fault.
mad.gif
</div></div>No one is talking about blame. Why change to subject? A victim can't be at fault for a criminal attack. </div></div>

Really??

Lets look at the Martin/Zimmerman case.

In this case the victim Zimmerman is being made out to be a criminal, even by the POTUS. </div></div>

Yep! Hyped up by the racebaiting liberal media. If the Sgt would have shot them, would Al and Jessie be marching the streets of Tampa?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eracer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, that was obviously Sgt. Aparicoio's fault.
mad.gif
</div></div>No one is talking about blame. Why change to subject? A victim can't be at fault for a criminal attack. </div></div>My statement was a sarcastic response to this, which (forgive me for being blunt) struck me as being incredibly callous, and yes...blamed the victim.:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Another example of what's wrong with the world... Had they attacked any of the Army guys that I know, three on one would not have been a fair fight for the Army to accept.

Here in Michigan, a few years ago, a teenager attempted to pickpocket a seventy-year old Marine who was in line at to cash-out at a local store. The Marine beat him and held him until police arrived.

I feel bad for the soldier, and I hope he's OK, but whenever I've had my ass kicked I took it as a lesson in what skills I needed to work on. </div></div>