• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Arrived: Premier Heritage 5-25x56 Gen 2 XR DT-MTC

LibertyOptics

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 20, 2004
Kalispell Montana
www.libertyoptics.com
Hiders,

Reduced to possession, the new 5-25 Premier. We got a small shipment. There are many of you waiting, many who chose to prepay. We will take care of you all. Starting from those who got on board in January, we will work our way down the list. We expect small shipments every week, and then larger and larger shipments as the weeks go by. I think we can eliminate our backorder list in 6-8 weeks.

There are some subtle design changes from the 3-15x50. Gone is the lip on the objective to hold the Tenabraex front cap, and a nice fitting BC cap is on there instead. The parallax knob seems to have a wider range than the 3-15. Remember, rotate the knob away from you for further targets and toward to you for closer targets.

I think the Gen 2 XR is the right reticle for this scope. It is much more usable on 5x than the 3-15 is on 3x, IMO. But it isn't too thick on 25x.

At any rate, these are shipping tomorrow. Thanks for all the support.

Scott

Re: Arrived: Premier Heritage 5-25x56 Gen 2 XR DT-MTC

The light at the end of the tunnel-hooray!!
We need a pic to drool on!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We need a pic to drool on!!! </div></div>

Yes we do!

Guys,

Of all the rotten luck. The starter on my '91 Burb went out today and it's at my mechanic's place. My camera is in the back. However, I'll rustle up my wife's camera tomorrow and take some pics.

Scott

You can bump me up the list and I promise I'll get photos posted the second its in my hands
wink.gif

Actually, I appreciate the info on the status, thanks for letting us know.

This is great news.. I have one on order as well.

I am very interested how it stacks up against the S&B PII 5-25.

Scott... have a play with that scope and post a quick review... pictures of course!

Cheers

5-25x_DSR.jpg

Make one with a Gen II mildot and I will buy one.

Cool. Hopefully us shooters who ordered direct and put our deposits in bsack in Jan will get ours soon too. Looking forward to getting it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cool. Hopefully us shooters who ordered direct and put our deposits in bsack in Jan will get ours soon too. Looking forward to getting it. </div></div>

I think you will be getting yours stat. Taking care of everyone who got in early is going to be a priority for PR. The deliveries will be spread thin among many fronts in the early going.

The pic above looks like the ones I have here.

Scott

Any idea (or best guess) when you will have some for open purchase (or the very bottom of the list)?

Bouncing back and forth between this and a USO, but hope to not wait for 3-6 months.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gugubica</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any idea (or best guess) when you will have some for open purchase (or the very bottom of the list)?

Bouncing back and forth between this and a USO, but hope to not wait for 3-6 months. </div></div>

I pm'd scott and asked him the same question, i would guess around 8-12 weeks from his first post

David, you got that one fast.

rifle a DSR?

Yeah, I got it fast but I also had to let go of it before most anyone else even got theirs. That's the tragic part of working for Premier.
cry.gif

The rifle is a DSR, and both scope and rifle belong to the german Premier dealer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jinta</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pondering between PH and USO? </div></div>

Simple fix. Just buy both! My back up scope for my USO is a USO. Anything else would be less civilized. If you got a Heritage crave just buy it. I'm itching to try mine out. All I need are rings and dtacs.

What height rings are you thinking for these, Seekins 34mm Highs or Lows, Badger 1"?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What height rings are you thinking for these, Seekins 34mm Highs or Lows, Badger 1"? </div></div>

We are shipping these with high but in some cases lows may work. If the highs are "too high" then we have lows standing by...

I am thinking about using Badger MAX-50 34mm rings on my rifle it has a Heavy barrel contour.

Cheers,

Master Diver

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What height rings are you thinking for these, Seekins 34mm Highs or Lows, Badger 1"? </div></div>
In correspondence with Glen, he recommended the highs (.97") for the 5-25 to me for a R700 with my 20moa base and M40/24 contoured Rock Creek barrel.....

Still no pics? Its been two days already. Are they actually in stock or just shipped, everybody is dying to see them!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: grandslam</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Still no pics? Its been two days already. Are they actually in stock or just shipped, everybody is dying to see them!! </div></div>

I'm personally OK with Scott just shipping them out instead of doing phot shoots with them
laugh.gif

This is a nice pic though:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: David S.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
5-25x_DSR.jpg
</div></div>

I think Scott's priority is getting the scopes to the eagerly waiting customers. If you need entertainment in the meantime, here's some videos:

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FwuHDAhUSmM"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FwuHDAhUSmM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qUfmOEg8gms"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qUfmOEg8gms" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IPs7e4D39IA"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IPs7e4D39IA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LibertyOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've got more pics, sent in by a lucky customer. Somebody email me and I'll send them for posting.

Scott </div></div>

Here you go kids (I ain't the lucky one, just the picture flunky):
AI53AD1.jpg

AI57971.jpg

AIPREI1.jpg

AIPREI2.jpg

AIPREI3.jpg

AIPREI4.jpg

I am the lucky one and this scope will be in Alvin for the comparison Saturday. I have SBs also, so not totaly bias just because it is new tool. Wow!! Eye relief can’t see how it could be better (meaning longer, maybe one of the others can compare but its going to be a stretch) and it checks off right down the list, no tunnel at low power etc. Maybe we can get a bunch of eyes on this Saturday.

Until I can get it down to Alvin it is being held in a secret location in Houston, the guy on the porch with the shotgun all night might be a clue.

Hope as many of you that can make it, to see if I missed something.

Wow, those scopes look quite beefy and robust!

How do the Gen 2 reticles stack up in terms of thickness compared to the SB P4 fine, in the first focal plane? I found the P4 fine a bit thick at 20 - 25x on my SB 5-25x