• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Arrow Products USA Rock Vise

Hennig

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 28, 2011
QLD, Australia
www.instagram.com
Hey lads!

Has anyone else been using the Rock Vise from these guys?

I’ve had mine for a week or so now and am loving it. While it doesn’t have the full functionality of an Orange Vise setup, for me it hit the perfect balance of cost/usefulness.

With all the disassembly and reassembly I do for coating I think this is gonna be great long term, obviously along with cleaning, mounting scopes etc.

IMG_4088.jpeg

IMG_4084.jpeg

IMG_4085.jpeg

That muzzle brake misalignment pisses me off waaaay more that it should.

Never see that vice before, but thanks for showing it. Looks really useful. You import directly ?

Edit.. $913 aud plus delivery for that ? Hahaha, wow. Not a chance.

I have enough raw materials laying in my workshop to make that, and can design my oqn and machine it in half a day easy. Great idea... but not $1k great.

Last edited:
That muzzle brake misalignment pisses me off waaaay more that it should.

Never see that vice before, but thanks for showing it. Looks really useful. You import directly ?

I don’t shoot with brakes often, so they end up being glorified thread protectors half the time.

Yep, they shipped directly to me in Aus.

Reactions: iceng
That doesn’t seem like you could use it as a vise per se, more of a glorified holder. That little Arca/pic interface is all the clamping surface you’ve got?

It’s very much a dedicated arca/pic vise/clamp/assembly station, with the ability to rotate etc. I’ve got my other vises for “dirty” and general work, this is for disassembly/reasssembly/maintenance/cleaning etc.

Definitely a niche product, but I’m really enjoying using it.

Dont doubt its a useful product, and dont doubt quality, just the price put me off.

Anti-sieze.. less it more.

Also, i like the colour scheme. Sorta steam-punk, quasi "sci-fi wastelands" vibes.

Reactions: msgriff
Vise? Hardly. I mean that thing has all the hardiness of a vise, yes, but ARCA is not a vise type attachment. So the hardiness is lost as you don't want to go wrenching on the firearm or similar putting stresses on the arca. The 'vise' can handle it here obviously, but the arca rail is not suitable.

Anyway, ARCA being a standard has advantages... in that there are ubiquitus attachments for it. Such as, presumably, the tripod one may have for it.

One can also very easily build a bench rig with commonly available parts for ARCA.... that's the entire advantage of using a standard like ARCA.

You can use a affordable fluid arca arm mounted in a vise for example. Mount this to a scrap of wood, put wood in bench vise:

1707087223070.png

This is what my buddy did awhile back, probably 45 bucks in parts

1707087289259.png

Last edited:
Reactions: MediumSpeed
That said, you have a awesome gun room there and great tools, etc.

No way I'd pay 500 bucks for a overbuilt ARCA clamp though. Looks schnazie, I'll give ya that.

Wow, that thing is way OVERPRICED and it can't even pan a few degree's to give the owner more options.

You’re gonna lose your shit when you see the $1600 Orange Vise.

From memory this came down to $499 with the promo code.
Well, you could get the orange vice for the poor’s 🤣 that’s what I got.
1707095542182.png