• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Arrrgghhhhhhh....My brand new truck!!!

Lofty

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 14, 2008
Lenexa KS
I feel bad complaining considering how bad some people have it in the wake of these storms.....but damn!!!

My brand new Nissan Titan, less than 500 miles on it....it looks like its been used as a ball collector at a driving range on a golf course for a week.

The hail was coming down so hard last night I thought the roof was going to cave in. Ive never seen so much hail and so big, the size of golf balls easily.

It would take me 1/2 hour with a ball peen hammer to do this much damage.

Thank god for quality insurance.

/rant.

Re: Arrrgghhhhhhh....My brand new truck!!!

Just leave it the way it is. Like a golf ball the dimples will make your truck cut the wind more efficiently, better stability, and get better gas mileage.

Shankster Science 101

When it was new, the day I got it.
IMG_0501-vi.jpg

My little girl picked this up off the front porch.
IMG_0556-vi.jpg

The whole truck looks like this now.
IMG_0558-vi.jpg

That sucks!! We had a major hail storm here in Arizona last October and it damaged and even destroyed vehicles. The hail busted windshields it was so big. The news was reporting on all of the stuff and one thing was the issues with insurance companies. Hopefully you don't run into any coverage issues but keep in mind after all the damage in your area they may be slow to respond. Stay on top of them and in regular contact.

I think there is a difference between a rant and venting...you are just venting and rightfully so. Good luck in getting it fixed.

You're lucky. I saw cars, yesterday, with softball sized dents in their cars. That's right softballs.

Should have bought a Ford and that would have never have happened...

Mine looked like that after i broke up with my ex girlfriend.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TMcGinnis</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mine looked like that after i broke up with my ex girlfriend. </div></div>

LMAO

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just leave it the way it is. Like a golf ball the dimples will make your truck cut the wind more efficiently, better stability, and get better gas mileage.

Shankster Science 101 </div></div>

I have heard that you can drive further with the dimples.

Jim

Once the sun comes out and heats up that black truck, a lot of them will pop back out. Something to consider if your insurance company doesn't cut a two-party check (shop or lien holder). You'll still have to fix it, and your still entitled to receive payment for damages, but you might have little left over. FYI

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NTRP-CKA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Once the sun comes out and heats up that black truck, a lot of them will pop back out. Something to consider if your insurance company doesn't cut a two-party check (shop or lien holder). You'll still have to fix it, and your still entitled to receive payment for damages, but you might have little left over. FYI </div></div>

If you want to try that wait until the sun is out and it's really hot. After the sun heats it use a piece of dry ice to pop the dents out.

Jim

I remember a big hail storm in 2006 here,all i could do was look out the window and watch the hail dent the hell out of my 2006 Dodge Quad cab,golf ball and baseball sized hail.Insurance paid for the repairs to my truck and roof of my house too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sled Dog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The mythbusters tested it and fuel efficiency gets better with dimples. </div></div>

Although this is true, I don't think it is the desired look at the moment =P

I feel your pain, we got this last week and momma said it picked up a few dings the other day. kinda sucks since we havent even ran the first tank of gas out of it.

Charger3.jpg

When Katrina rolled through in '05, I had just bought my dodge ram. It was sitting in Houston waiting to be picked up by the transporter. It got significant hail damage, but I'm glad I hadn't bought it from someone in New Orleans, lol.

The thing that pissed me off was that it should have gone out the week before, but the transporter refused it because they had neglected to leave sufficient space on the truck.

Hell its a Nissan, at least it will have some character to it as it sits on the side of the road....

Buy it back as a rolling total that what I did to a truck of mine that had custom paint.

If you want to try that wait until the sun is out and it's really hot. After the sun heats it use a piece of dry ice to pop the dents out.

Jim [/quote]

Sunshine and dry ice don't work. I spent 20 years repairing hail damage for new car dealers. Just go to your yellow pages and look up "Paintless Dent Repair". They will take the dents out without having to repaint your car or truck. The usually charge about half of your insurance check and you can keep the rest and buy a new gun.

Good luck,since its black if its not fixed right its gonna look like shit,white or silver hides dents etc. alot better

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Sunshine and dry ice don't work. I spent 20 years repairing hail damage for new car dealers. Just go to your yellow pages and look up "Paintless Dent Repair". They will take the dents out without having to repaint your car or truck. The usually charge about half of your insurance check and you can keep the rest and buy a new gun. </div></div>

My buddy that owns a body shop told me that PDR won't work in this case. He said the volume of dents makes it impossible, every dent actually stretches the metal. Forcing them all back into place will cause the sheet metal to be flimsy and it will buckle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: davidj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Jim </div></div>

Sunshine and dry ice don't work. I spent 20 years repairing hail damage for new car dealers. Just go to your yellow pages and look up "Paintless Dent Repair". They will take the dents out without having to repaint your car or truck. The usually charge about half of your insurance check and you can keep the rest and buy a new gun. [/quote]

Well, hell. I guess I can another urban myth to the pile.
I was told that trick back in the '70s or '80s but never tried it.

Jim

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StanwoodSpartan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hell its a Nissan, at least it will have some character to it as it sits on the side of the road.... </div></div> LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lofty</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
My buddy that owns a body shop told me that PDR won't work in this case. He said the volume of dents makes it impossible, every dent actually stretches the metal. Forcing them all back into place will cause the sheet metal to be flimsy and it will buckle. </div></div>
We fixed cars with literally hundreds of dents and made them new. Body shops HATED us.

I would let the PDR guy tell you if it can be done or not, versus someone that runs a competing business. Not saying your friend is trying to hose you, just that he might not be the most objective guy to ask...

Skill varies from person to person, a really good PDR guy can make it look new. Dad had a few fixed on his explorer, couldn't even tell it had been dinged.