• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Arsenal SGL21 sell or keep and modify.

mcswhitney

Doomass
Minuteman
Apr 7, 2014
Moab, UT
I recently came into possession of an AK, a buddy didn't want it anymore and sold it to me, sight unseen, with 1k rounds for $650. I get the rifle home and start looking into the manufacturer markings and find out is an SGL21.
So now question is so I keep the rifle and modify it to suit what I want out of it, or sell it and by a pistol AK to modify and have some cash left over?

I think that depends what you really want to do with the rifle. Will the SGL or pistol be a better starting point for what you want in the end?

That's the thing I was originally wanting to do an AK pistol with a brace and trick it out and now this "gold standard" fell into my lap I don't know if I want to sell it for the original plan, trick this one out, or keep it original.

Arsenals are best quality and most reliable AK's out there IMO. How much are you looking to modify? If you're going to mess with the inner workings of the gun besides maybe a trigger then there's not much point in starting with that but if you're just swapping furniture and stuff then absolutely. It's not like you can't swap the original stuff back on later if you're worried about resale.

Reactions: mcswhitney
ALG trigger was the only internal I would switch. Folding m4 stock adapter, maybe a handgaurd, and an optic mounted Russian style would be how I would go.

I'd just modify what you have then, that's a great rifle.

Take a look at the Magpul stock if you want a folder, I've been running one on my SGL-21 since they came out and it's an awesome stock.

2911BD09-0C72-4BED-826D-B02A4503B59C.jpeg

You could mod it like the top rifle - Midwest Industries rail and a T1. The Vltor stock adapters work well if you want to run a collapsible stock. My SGL21 is setup with a full length MI rail and a RS Regulate Mount/Aimpoint ML2. These are Bulgarian - SLR107 up top and 104UR bottom.

Dude, you got a sgl for half what you could sell it for. The sgl is the russian import from arsenal, havent brought any in for awhile, and probably never will again. Dont go hacking on it ! Buy a bulgarian slr or something if you want to tinker.

Last edited: