• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

ASA Side charger

GB213

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 23, 2009
Maryland
I am inching to do a 260 AR10 build and like the idea of the side charging upper. I am interested if anyone has used American Spirit Arms upper receiver. Did you like it? How hard was it to machine the colt carrier to work?

Re: ASA Side charger

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GB213</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am inching to do a 260 AR10 build and like the idea of the side charging upper. I am interested if anyone has used American Spirit Arms upper receiver. Did you like it? How hard was it to machine the colt carrier to work? </div></div>

Colt carrier? You mean DPMS or Armalite carrier correct?

If I remember correctly, ASA might sell a modified 308 carrier for use with their side charger 308 upper receiver. If they do I would just get that and not worry about it. It would probably be a DPMS carrier anyway.

You cannot use a colt carrier (unless there is something I don't know) as colt only makes AR15 sized parts. A 308 AR has a much larger everything.

You may want to contact them and find out who they are comaptible with. If I remember correctly, they are an oddball, i.e. they are neither DPMS or Armalite. Best to confirm before buying.

I think he ment BOLT carrier, not colt carrier.

I only have one on an AR15,it is very well done and the pics don't do them justice.The BC modification on the AR15 is just a small notch on the left side of the carrier,very simple if you have the tools.

Yes, I meant BOLT carrier, not COLT carrier. That had me a little confused. You are right, you can't assume anything when it come to a 308 AR.