• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ASC Spring 2011

Woodlanddude

Professional Hillbilly
Minuteman
Jan 26, 2007
Beckley, WV
Alumni/prospective shooters check your e-mails. Unfortunately there is not time for us to hold a new shooter match this spring. The Spring match dates are 1 weekend May 6, 7 and 8th. Open caliber format up to 30 cal. magnums. Our collective schedules only allowed for one spring date this year. Stay tuned here for possible dates later this year, as we get closer and can schedule accordingly. I can almost smell the tenderloin grillin'.
smile.gif

Re: ASC Spring 2011

Registered last night. Looking forward to another great match and dinner.

I received the e-mail last night. I'm very excited to be joining you guys this year. My wife is not as happy as I am, but she can have her Mother's Day the following week-end
wink.gif
I'll just have to take her out to a seafood dinner, and send her to a day at the spa.....

Sent my "Im in" last night.

See everybody there in May!

Rich

LOL, Hugo, we have tried to avoid mothers day weekend to no avail. For some reason it just keeps happening that its the best weekend for us. Wifey and my mom both grumble about it yearly, but I have been able to succesfully make it up to them so far.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: woodlanddude</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL, Hugo, we have tried to avoid mothers day weekend to no avail. For some reason it just keeps happening that its the best weekend for us. Wifey and my mom both grumble about it yearly, but I have been able to succesfully make it up to them so far. </div></div>
Any tips on greasing those skids???

I responded via a reply to the email last night. Is that all that is needed to get on the list initially or does Rod hold off on your entry until he receives our money?

For past matches, the Roster was set first, then payment by those who made the cut. My guess is the MDs have ZERO interest in going through the hassle of returning payments to over-eager propspective participants.

Unless of course you are Dr. Phil--I need him there to keep me company bringing up the rear of the long marches
smile.gif

Hope to see you guys there again this Spring.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dr. Phil</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: woodlanddude</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL, Hugo, we have tried to avoid mothers day weekend to no avail. For some reason it just keeps happening that its the best weekend for us. Wifey and my mom both grumble about it yearly, but I have been able to succesfully make it up to them so far. </div></div>
Any tips on greasing those skids??? </div></div>

DIAMONDS!

Eric has it right on payments. Get confirmation, then send in the match fee. I'm sure if you already sent it that it will be held or refunded if you did not get in. Diamonds.... gems only go so far with country gals bro'. You have to have the full trifecta plus 1 for wifey. Jewels, flower and candy + dinner. Warning: make anything less than steak and shrimp or better, and you may be eating at McDonalds, etc. for a while, lol.

Matt- I fully admit my ignorance of the ways of the country-gal---or to be honest any gal whatsoever!!
smile.gif

It took me five years to get my city wife to move to the country--that's right not all of NJ is NYC's toilet!

Looking forward to catching up with you in May!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Unless of course you are Dr. Phil--I need him there to keep me company bringing up the rear of the long marches
smile.gif
</div></div>
I'm claiming altitude sickness.
sick.gif

Must carry more water and less gear...

For me...must carry less belly...and smoke less butts.
smile.gif

Reply registration email sent. Ive worked up a great 300 WM load in .208 amax and am looking forward to the match. We will see??

I'm snowed-in under fourteen inches of snow today, but return e-mail sent and registration is in the mailbox to go out tomorrow!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...and smoke less butts.
smile.gif
</div></div>I won't even ask about that one.
laugh.gif

I hope to make the cut. Rod said that I am a gift for good weather, I have brought it with me every time, so lets hope that I get in and go 3 for 3!

Nick

Oopsie...... I guess I was a little confused about registering. When I had gotten the original e-mail I thought that ment that you were in. (I have never been to this match, so I am winging it
wink.gif
) I was listening to my wife complaining of something when I had gotten the e-mail. I had to have read the original e-mail a half a dozen times trying to see if I needed to reply, or if I needed to contact anyone to confirm. I had replied to the e-mail just to notify him that I had changed my e-mail, and that I had mailed in my funds. Now I'm glad that I did, because if I didn't I may have not replied at all. I know that I'm not the only one that was a little stupered. I see a couple of post above ^^^^ stating that they have also sent in their funds. I just hope I have a chance of getting in..... We shall see I guess
laugh.gif
If not, there is always next year.....

The list is out. I guess I can aways hope for the fall match if there is one.

Tim Roberts
Josh Mann
Anthony Lint
Tom Bowes
Philip Leighton
Ben Voss
Jason Thompson
Daley
David Preston
Rich Grinn
John Pierce
Tom Pohuski
Tom P Jr
Mike Pohuski
Dan Pohuski
Mark Kerenyi
Jon Lester
Brad Lester
Ron Koenig
Trina Koenig
Joe Walls
Mark Whiteacre
Todd Jackson
Ryan Castle
Jason Baney
Josh Malizzi
Sean Little
Vinny Adams
Eriic Underriner
Andy Sapp
Jon Boney
Sean Ricketts
Charlie Metzelfeld
Tony Yackowski
Craig Peton
Ian Kenney
Shawn South
Clark Kennedy
Jeremy Parker
Ben Fortin
Chris Soyka
Nick Painter

Wow alot of good shooters on the list this year, competition is going to be tough. Now just gota decide if I take the short mag or the .308, haven't had much luck with the short mag so I'm thinking I will take the .308!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hogstooth</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow alot of good shooters on the list this year, competition is going to be tough. Now just gota decide if I take the short mag or the .308, haven't had much luck with the short mag so I'm thinking I will take the .308!! </div></div>
GOOD!!!
That way you won't knock my rifle over (AGAIN) with the blast from the brake on that damn Short Mag...
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dr. Phil</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hogstooth</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow alot of good shooters on the list this year, competition is going to be tough. Now just gota decide if I take the short mag or the .308, haven't had much luck with the short mag so I'm thinking I will take the .308!! </div></div>
GOOD!!!
That way you won't knock my rifle over with the blast from the brake on that damn Short Mag...
wink.gif
</div></div>
I've shot a few with my short mag, and I know it has pissed many people off. I'll be bringing the 6.5x47 this year!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hugo121175</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good luck to the guys who made it. Maybe I'll see you guys in the fall
wink.gif
</div></div>
+1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hogstooth</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow alot of good shooters on the list this year, competition is going to be tough.</div></div>Count on it, Sean, I'm in.
grin.gif
laugh.gif

If anyone is driving up through Charlotte and is interested in car pooling, drop me a PM.

Has anyone heard if/how the 3-day format is going to effect round count?

A few new shots have been discussed over the winter. I would not expect a large change though. If things look out of normal we will let you know ahead of time. We have been planning our first work session coming up real soon, and will certainly be doing some brainstorming to keep the "diabolical" aspect of the match up to par. If we are lucky, the last of the snow will be melting up there in the next week.
laugh.gif

Well the work has started. We spent most of the day up there today. We got a lot of planning done, and started setting and hauling steel. As of now I would plan on about 200-250 rounds shot per shooter.. We are planning on doing a good number of new shots and bringing back some old ones that we have not shot in several years. We are hoping to be able to expand the course of fire on to the neighboring farm. That would alow for several new shots and some more long range stuff. Maybe 1100 or more. We discussed having a later than normal start time on friday morning. How ever with the three day format it will allow for more shots and still allow us to have three relaxed days of shooting. We are planning another work weekend in early april. Hope to have a lot of the couse set and painted and most of the score sheet put together by then. I think there might be one stage that involves a 338 L. One that will use the SCAR Lite. One stage might even require an extra set of ear plugs. It is going to be a tight shot. Should be a great course of fire. maybe our best yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lots more work to be done. We have some great prizes rolling in already. See every on in May.

If I can get actual dope on it to 1000, then I think these changes call for my new 6.5x284 necked-up to 7mm.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> my new 6.5x284 necked-up to 7mm.
wink.gif
</div></div>

Wouldn't that be- oh, a 284??? What a novel idea.

Sounds like y'all will have fun, I wish we could make it back this time. Maybe next time.

I cant wait for you to get this one over so you can do a new shooters match so I can shoot in it and then get to come to the regulare one.

Ok, just had lunch with my wife and the first thing that came out of her mouth was, "So who's brilliant idea was it to schedule a match over Mother's Day weekend?"
"You tell them that is Fucked up!"
I told her that I would pass the information along.
Consider it passed.
wink.gif

Really looking forward to the match and the new format!
I truely enjoy every aspect of ASC.
(Except maybe monsoon like conditions...)

You'll enjoy the "monsoon like conditions". Not while you're shooting but it's always funny to look back and wonder what the hell you were doing up there in that weather.

I've witnessed three things up there I will never forget:

#1 64 mph wind that took me off my quad while I was trying to get on it.

#2 Rain going up! When you look over the side of the mountain and rain is going UP your nose while you try to MIL your target it's officially a crap day at the range!

#3 Taking a leak and watching my piss never hit the ground. Instead it probably fell to earth on Mark's group on the other side of the mountain.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If I can get actual dope on it to 1000, then I think these changes call for my new 6.5x284 necked-up to 7mm.
wink.gif
</div></div>

wow, that 7mmx284 should be something....
grin.gif