• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ASC Stainless steel mag issue

drglock

Old fat guy
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 13, 2012
    Morrison,Oklahoma
    Have 2 ASC AR15 mags . One 10rd and one 20rd. The problem is only happening with the 20rd mag. Does it about 4 out of 10 times. Setup is Noveske upper/lower, CLE Douglas 18” rifle length gas with adjustable block. Shooting suppressed ejection is 3 o’clock and very smooth.

When the bolt cycles over the last round it looks like the round is popping out of the mag and the bolt is locking back. I think it’s a follower problem or maybe a spring tension issue. Just wondering if anyone has experienced this with these mags before.

Believe I found the culprit. ASC on left regular mag right. ASC mag lips are barely holding the round in.
    E2BF4554-1567-4C54-A738-BA13D50E665A.jpeg

Reactions: Balor
    I agree. Years ago I had to use a small ballpeen hammer to very slightly bend the feed lips in on some ASC stainless mags to solve the exact same problem.

Reactions: Balor
    Any chance that mag is for a different caliber, maybe one with a fatter case?

I bought a dozen of those stainless mags several years ago and they were all like that. A few taps with a ballpeen "gasket" hammer and they functioned 100%.

Reactions: drglock