• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ASC updates, weather forecast and smack talking

Woodlanddude

Professional Hillbilly
Minuteman
Jan 26, 2007
Beckley, WV
The Alumni match is getting here and you should be making your final preperations. Rod is sending out an e-mail to shooters today, so check your inbox. The weather forecast at Seneca Rocks for this weekend shows 70's for temps. and nights in the 50's. I would still be prepared for near freezing temps in the mornings, as the weather can change fast on the mountain, is usually 10 degrees cooler, and wind chill could be a factor as well. Gore-Tex could be your friend as the forecasts are falling between 30-40% chances of rain those 2 days. BRING RAIN GEAR!!! I will say it again. We are going prepared to stay on the hill through whatever comes this time. Severe lightning or tornados would maybe bring us off, but not rain. Hopefully, with those chances of rain, we may not even get any, but don't count on it. We have been setting and painting steel the last several weekends. There are some new shots and some different targets here and there this spring to keep things interesting. A good time should be had by all! Be sure to make the shooter's meeting at 7pm Friday night!!! Let the predictions of victory and defeat begin! See you there!

Re: ASC updates, weather forecast and smack talking

Good luck to all. I won't be making this one. Hopefully, the weather is beautiful and the wind fickle. Then it will be fun.

Fixed up my gun and now I just need to learn how to shoot it. See everybody soon.

Rich

All calls for bad weather get you put on Narrowback the worst day...
grin.gif
Anyone caught doing rain dances or praying for rain/snow gets to shoot weak side the rest of the day. If it actually rains afterward on Saturday we will arrange it so you have to wait till last to eat at dinner Saturday - the worst torture I can think of
cool.gif
. Honestly it is already looking WET in a bad way on Sunday. If we are lucky Saturday will hold out some good weather for us. At least it is supposed to be warm.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jon Lester</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You do have dry places to shoot from.....Right? </div></div>

"Call Out"...and that's about it

Have fun guys. I won't be down for this one, so I guess I can get away with the rain dances and prayers. Can't make it too easy
grin.gif

Saturday
Mostly sunny. A chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 80s. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph. Chance of rain 30 percent.
» ZIP Code Detail
Saturday Night
Mostly cloudy with a chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the lower 60s. Chance of rain 40 percent.
Sunday
Mostly cloudy with a chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the lower 80s. Chance of rain 50 percent

Last fall's new shooter match had PHENOMENAL weather. 80 Degrees and rainy--what is this the Caribbean? I'll bring a bathing suit!

Can we put a slip and slide off Narrowback?

Packed, and ready, loading ammo, them hitting the ROAD!!!

See you guys there, been looking forward to this weekend for 3 years.

Nick

Just to talked Jon. Have to say I am very proud of my men.

Brad was the top 308 shooter, 8th place overall. Jon tied for 2nd with Dave, and Jared finished first (shocker
wink.gif
).

That's all I have...I am sure the official and complete results will be posted soon.

In the truck on the way home had a great time as always. Great weather both days. Wish I shot better but I still had a blast. Thanks again to Rod, John, and all the guys that helped, and the generous sponsors. Can't wait until the Fall match.

What time should I expect the match to be completed next Sunday for the new shooter Event?

Great Match, People, Food, and Weather!!

Thank You to everyone who put all the hard work into this match!!

Had a wonderful time!! Nothing like Florida weather in the mountains!!!

You all need to have a Summer match for us desert folks to get out of the heat....
Wishin' I could be there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You all need to have a Summer match for us desert folks to get out of the heat....
Wishin' I could be there. </div></div>

Aint it the truth......

+1

Just dont want the humidity....

Hey Rod,Brock,John,Don and everybody ealse thanks for the great match, and congradulations to jared and dave and jon .Ray

Yep. Jered won by 8 Shots not sure on the remainder of the scoring but from what I understand 2nd place was either very close or a tie between Dave and Jon.

Go the suppressed APA .308 ready to roll for next weekend.

What a fantastic time, Rod and John are two of the coolest guys I have met yet. Love their match, their course of fire, and the view from Rods front porch is second to none.

This match is, without doubt, the ultimate shooting experiance. The angles, the steel, the scenery is breath taking, and all the guys shooting, its really like it should up there, every one helping everyone out. Its what a match should be imo.

Thanks for the ultimate good time. I hope to make it the countries premier shooting event from here on out.

Lots of pics to come when I get home and unpacked, still driving down I80.

To Rod, John, Brock and Don, Thank you for for the experience and the wonderful memories once again. To the DSH team, you guy shot very well I am proud of you. And a special kudo for my son Keifer for humping my gear up and down the mountain. Rod what can we say but you have yet again set the bar very high for all courses of fire. Hope to see you in the fall. Also cograts goes out to Jered “Well Done everyone” T. Bowes DHS

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pockets9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What time should I expect the match to be completed next Sunday for the new shooter Event? </div></div>If your leg of the match runs smoothly, you should be wrapped up by APPROXIMATELY 4:30 each day. If you stay for scoring and to socialize after the match, you can spend another couple hours on Sunday.

Re: ASC updates, weather forecast and smack talki

As usual the ASC crew out did themselves. We even got a green shirt this year.
This years group of shooters was one of the best I've ever walked the mountain with. Everyone really helped each other out etc. which is really what this match is all about and I for one am glad to see it.
We had comic relief from Little and Chief,
We had great wheather,
We had great food and plenty of cold beverages,
One crew stayed next to a pack of sorority girls,
.............We had it all.

Thanks to everyone for putting this match on and for those that support it.

See you guys next week end.
Thanks to everone that makes this happen and all who support it.

Can't wait to see everone next week.

Congrats to Jared, aka " RAMBO" on the win.

Dave and John also shot fantastic scores!!!

Team APA made their mark!!!

Brad put up a fantastic score with a 308 and made some amazing hits with it!! Very Imppresive!!!

Great weekend as always. I want to thank Rod, John, Brock, Matt and the rest of the ASC crew for all of their hard work this weekend. I also want to thank all of the sponsors for the generosity of their contributions to the prize table. It never fails to amaze me the amount of support our vendors give us.

Congrats to Jared on his first place finish. The APA crew were pure professionals.

Nick Painter, nice job. You should be very proud with how you shot. It was nice to meet you.

Last but not least, if anyone finds some pride that was left on the mountain, it was mine and I'll be back this fall to pick it up.

Sean

Another Great weekend on the mountain.

Thank you again Rod, John, Brock, and all the others that make this match happen. I had a blast shooting up there, it was great to see some old friends and meet some new ones.

The comradely and openness of others to help can’t be beat, it was a privilege to shoot with the other shooters in our squad.

Congrats to Jered on the win, that was some fine shooting. John and Brad Lester really lit it up in our squad, Brad showed us how it was done on his 308.

To all the sponsors thank you.

Again thanks to everyone who makes this match happen.

Benjie

Thanks Sean.

I have a bunch on pics uploaded to my website, but I am just too lazy to put them all up here also.

Please check out the links if you want to see some pics and a few movies, including me screwing up Sam's dope from the group that was on the mountain first, first day.

http://www.grtgear.com/SniperMatches/ASCSpring2010/

Thanks again to everyone, the four wheeler crew, and Rod and John. Thanks Boney, Ricketts, Sapp, and Underriner for letting me bunk up with you.

Congrats to Jared, thats an impressive weekend you had my friend.

Looking forward to the Fall.

I got the scoop from Nick: good teamwork by all and very nice shooting by everyone!

I've rock-climbed near there before, when I was in college, but that was years ago. The pics bring back some good memories: the hills in the area are truly spectacular.

I'm looking forward to the train-up and new shooter's match this weekend; undecided as yet on whether or not to load the R1 into the van.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HasgunWilltravel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks Sean.

I have a bunch on pics uploaded to my website, but I am just too lazy to put them all up here also.

Please check out the links if you want to see some pics and a few movies, including me screwing up Sam's dope from the group that was on the mountain first, first day.

http://www.grtgear.com/SniperMatches/ASCSpring2010/

Thanks again to everyone, the four wheeler crew, and Rod and John. Thanks Boney, Ricketts, Sapp, and Underriner for letting me bunk up with you.

Congrats to Jared, thats an impressive weekend you had my friend.

Looking forward to the Fall. </div></div>

What tube fore end is that in the still photos?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">undecided as yet on whether or not to load the R1 into the van.</div></div>

That would be time well spent Thursday Night after train-up and Friday during the day. I would, in a minute, bring a bike out that way. You would not at all, even for a second, regret that choice.

As always, I had a great time and enjoyed shooting with a great bunch. Many thanks to Rod, John, Brock, and the rest of the staff for hosting an outstanding match. It is evident that a tremendous amount of work goes into to setting up the COF. Brock, thanks again for the outstanding dinner on Saturday.

To our supporting vendors, thank you all for your support and donation of the prizes. Without you all, our community would not be able to function.

Jered, Congrats on the good shooting and the win bro! For all of you with top 10 finishes, congrats and good shooting!

Nick, glad you could hang out with us. I enjoyed the fellowship and laughs with good friends. Phil, Tom, Ian, and crew, good to see you all again.

Looking forward to the Fall Match.

Best Regards,
Jon

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What tube fore end is that in the still photos?</div></div>

This is John Pierce on the right, I am on the left.

DSC01448.JPG

Here is a better pic, a few min. of down time to get the cows and donkeys off the range
grin.gif

DSC01456.JPG

John makes the tube guns for Creedmore Sports, and its an RT10(?) I think in the designation, runs AI mags, can be had for SA/LA/Magnum BM and are interchangeable for LA or SA actions. John and Jim R. were both shooting thier tube guns in .243, and did very very well.

More information can be found by Pierce Engineering. www.pierceengineeringltd.com

Great weekend! The weather was about as perfect as we could have asked for.

Thanks to Rod and John for putting on great one of a kind match. Both of you always come up with new challenging shots.
Brock out done himself again. I don't think I have eaten that much in sometime.
Matt, Trey and all the other spotters, livestock movers, ride givers you guys are the men behind the scenes.

Congrats Jered for coming out on top yet again. It was good to see all the shooters again. I always come away alot of new knowledge and feel very humblied by the mountain.

Hopefully I be back up on the mountain in the fall.

Huge thanks to Rod, John, Brock, Trey, Matt etc etc. Was an amazing match, again. All the hard work and effort you put into this shows loud and clear.
Was great to see all my shooting friends, too many to name, you guys are all like family. A dysfunctional one, but family nonetheless.
Also big props to Nick, John and Brad (Rockstar) for letting me shoot and work w you all on calls, had a ball w you guys and hope to run the fall match w you. Nick was boring consistent, Brad (Rockstar) was on fire w the 308, heck he's 15 years old! And John's 10 on Sunday was amazing to watch, my ears are still ringing from the WSM w brake.
Thanks to all the sponsors, especially Rock Creek for the barrel certificate.
Now if I can only get invited to the hot tub next time.....any pics?!

BIG BIG thanks to Brock, Rod, John and crew for doing all the work it takes for us to come out and have such an awesome time!!
Thanks to all of the sponsors for donating and making it possible.

It was great to see familiar faces and meet some new.

Thanks to .257 and shootone for their hospitality!
smile.gif
Congrats on some good shootin too!
Thanks to Rich"the wind master" for some spot on calls
smile.gif

Hope to see you guys in the fall!!!!

What can I say this match just keeps getting better and better! Thanks to John, Rod, Brock, Trey and the rest of the ASC crew. It was great to see evrybody and hangout and shoot. I didnt have the greatest weekend but we did try alot of new scenarios and the worked very well. Still alot to learn on the Mountain but I will take all I can get. Once again the dinner was AWESOME and the prize table even better a HUGE THANKS to all the SPONSORS. I will start to write some letters once the list is published to show my appreiation. Again I dont have the words to say how greatfull I am to come and play. See everybody soon.

Rich

Big thanks to everyone involved in hosting this match. A lot of work blows by in 2 days of shooting.
Thanks out to the sponsors; you guys are the icing on the cake.
Also I would like to thank the members of our group, I am a better person for spending time with you guys and if Yankees have to come south, you guys are the ones that we want to show up!
Special thanks go out to Sam M, Jim R, John P(An awesome Builder of high quality weaponry),Rich and Nick Painter. I could not find a nicer group of men for me and my son to spend a weekend with. These are not just shooters , they are Gentelmen
Special thanks to Moon @ GAP for possibly the most accurate rifle I have ever owned.
Sam for the great wind calls while getting blasted with a 7mmBreak, Oh yeah and it isn’t bad running a Braked 7wsm when the guys on each side of you have good cans,
Nick for the Great gear on the table (Kick a$$ vest setup that Brad won)
SAS and Tim Humston for the suppressor from the table, it will be my 3rd SAS product.
My son Brad for allowing Dad to live life through you.
John and Rod for taking a chance and allowing an 11&3/4 year old at the match 4 years ago. It has changed our life.

Hey john what about me ?<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jon Lester</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Big thanks to everyone involved in hosting this match. A lot of work blows by in 2 days of shooting.
Thanks out to the sponsors; you guys are the icing on the cake.
Also I would like to thank the members of our group, I am a better person for spending time with you guys and if Yankees have to come south, you guys are the ones that we want to show up!
Special thanks go out to Sam M, Jim R, John P(An awesome Builder of high quality weaponry),Rich and Nick Painter. I could not find a nicer group of men for me and my son to spend a weekend with. These are not just shooters , they are Gentelmen
Special thanks to Moon @ GAP for possibly the most accurate rifle I have ever owned.
Sam for the great wind calls while getting blasted with a 7mmBreak, Oh yeah and it isn’t bad running a Braked 7wsm when the guys on each side of you have good cans,
Nick for the Great gear on the table (Kick a$$ vest setup that Brad won)
SAS and Tim Humston for the suppressor from the table, it will be my 3rd SAS product.
My son Brad for allowing Dad to live life through you.
John and Rod for taking a chance and allowing an 11&3/4 year old at the match 4 years ago. It has changed our life.
</div></div>