• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ashbury 50bmg

Jimmym40a2

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2008
Colorado
I saw a picture of the new Ashbury 50. It looks like the 338 version only bigger.Looks like a McMillan action in their chassi. I will try to get a pic to post.

Re: Ashbury 50bmg

Would also beg the question who they are using for the action. The .338s have been Surgeon (was not aware that Surgeon built a .50bmg action)

the pic that i saw of their 50bmg unit,had a McMillan repeater action

This is the TAC50 chassis. McMillan will be the exclusive distributor for this one. Gunsite will be handling the others, with the Rem 700 S/L and Surgeon XL first out. Look for final price and availability to come out by March.

clip_image001.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jimmy M40a2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
ashbury1.jpg

ashbury2.jpg

Here are a few. </div></div>

The only thing better was the TAC 50 with the AAC .50BMG can they had at the show.

That's a set of the RND bipod legs. They come off the top mount unit as seen in the first photo, then you can clamp them to the side rails. I'm not real impressed, the guys at Ashbury are at work on a list of improvements. I shot the TAC50 setup with the AAC Cyclops can during the demo at Nellis. Mikey like!! Much better control than the glass stock. I'd rather run an Atlas on the bottom rail, but the RND unit works, it's just not great.

I'd agree with what you said about the RND and the Atlas is far from ideal on a BMG. Are there any plans on venting the hand guard somehow? On the folder could you feel any movement during recoil?

No plans for vents, it works as a mirage shield as is. Plenty of air coming in the front, so it does not seem like it needs venting for anything. It's a nice straight back push, the folding lock takes that in compression, no movement at all.

They had a McMillan 50 BMG action on the Ashbury stock at the AAC booth at SHOT. Very nice rifle indeed. I wonder how much the stocks will cost?

McMillan is working out the details with Ashbury on this as we speak. The stock is about 98% complete and the finishing touches that are left are just cosmetic. There should be a number of variations of this stock, at least 2...maybe 3, all ranging in price. Our first order of business to negotiate the replacement of the existing stocks on the NSW Mk-15 platforms, there seems to be about 350 in their inventory. This will take some time to gear up (if awarded). We will then proceed to release to the commercial market as a rifle line, called the ATAC-50 (or Attack 50) as well as a stock only item. Keep your eyes on this site because we plan to do some exciting things with the Hide and some other NPO's at the commercial launch of this product.

I guess I must be old fashioned,but I like my 0ld school Tac-50.This rifle looks like some made up gun for a futureistic space movie.Where's the grenade launcher or twelve gauge pump mounted under the barrel ? Why "F" with perfection ?
STEVE

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shoots100</div><div class="ubbcode-body">......This rifle looks like some made up gun for a futureistic space movie....</div></div>

The world goes on and the technology do the same , is not it ?

PP out

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sawhornsoff</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They had a McMillan 50 BMG action on the Ashbury stock at the AAC booth at SHOT. Very nice rifle indeed. I wonder how much the stocks will cost? </div></div>

If your speaking of the black stock with the tan action in it then no it wasnt Ashbury. It was a one off stock that Remington made for AAC's rifle. they should marked it! while it was one heavy beast it did handle pretty well.

The actual Saber-Forst stocks that Ashbury uses are not that heavy. their 338 rifle with optic, suppressor, and NV unit weighted about 16-18 pounds just by my guess on handling it. nice piece of kit. would like to have the chassis and go from there on a build.