• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ashbury Precision Ord new butt stock comming

CoryT

Gunsite Rangemaster
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 5, 2004
    Paulden, AZ
    www.gunsite.com
    One of the things I've been testing over the last month of Precision Rifle classes here at Gunsite is the prototype of a new butt stock from Ashbury Precision Ordnance.

The new stock provides infinite adjustment within the range, plus locking the system when finished, removing all wobble from the adjustment. Most adjustable stocks suffer from some issues, either the adjustments are too coarse in increments, tools are required to adjust it, adjustments come loose and the part slips under recoil or there is a wobble in the system.

The new stock seems to answer these issues. Via a thumbwheel, the LOP and cheek piece height are adjustable in super fine increments. Butt pad height is push button adjustable in small increments via a slotted rail. All of the adjustments can be locked via a screw (Allen head in the prototype, thumb screw in the release version).

As you can see from the photo, it survived the burial test in the AZ desert and still adjusts well. Range of adjustment is very good as is, they expect to get a little more down in the cheek piece to deal with low mounts in sporter setups.

I liked it enough to order three to upgrade my .338, .375 and .308 systems. Delivery is still a few months out as the design is finalized, I'll report back when the final version ships out.

That looks pretty slick. Knowing next to nothing about APO (not actually putting hands on any of their stuff anyways), how does the butt stock attach? AR style buffer tube by chance? Or some other method?

Also, what’s the range for the LOP?

Thanks

It's setup for their various folding, removable or fixed stock connections to their center chassis sections, but it's a simple bolt on with a rib for alignment, so there is no reason an AR buffer tube adapter could not be made up. LOP is from about 12" - 14", though that would vary depending on attachment method and butt pad.

Reactions: Shankin McStaby
    Any word on this being finished? Just picked up an APO M700 saber, and love it except for the stock, this looks to be much much nicer!

It's setup for their various folding, removable or fixed stock connections to their center chassis sections, but it's a simple bolt on with a rib for alignment, so there is no reason an AR buffer tube adapter could not be made up. LOP is from about 12" - 14", though that would vary depending on attachment method and butt pad.
    Is this the LOP with the folding mechanism? I thought the folding mechanism and fixed one on the APO chassis was the same length.