• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Asinine gun/ammo laws

ForgeValley

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 22, 2018
    WNC
    I've been around firearms my entire life, and thought I was fairly up to date on most gun laws. Much to my surprise while reading another thread, I found out it was illegal to have ammo in Washington DC. Pretty sure that one is broken 5000 times a day on I95.

As a public service for all Hide inhabitants, what other dumb ass gun/ammo laws or regs are you aware of that aren't common knowledge?

California, I guess we are probably looking at you?

Through travelers are protected by FOPA on this for their ammunition as well as their firearms. There are conditions though:
    • The firearm must be unloaded.
    • Both must be locked up away from the driver, trunk or a locked box in the back of the vehicle if no trunk.
    • You CANNOT stop for any reason within the DC jurisdiction.
    • Watch out for MD with your firearms, they're pretty gun control stupid as well.
    It's been quite some time since I've been inside DC proper. Thankfully Arlington Natl. Cemetery is in Virginia, and the beltway never touches DC boundaries (that tiny corner on the south end can suck it). I'm most glad I don't fucking live in Virginia any longer, fuck that whole coast.

Reactions: ForgeValley