• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors ASR mounts

tomcatfan

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 22, 2010
Southern MD.
I know they aren’t popular here, but joe bob outfitters has ASR mounts for $29.99. That’s a steal if you use that mount. I guess Blackhawk is getting out of suppressors and is dumping their stock.

Interesting. I know the trifecta mounts were having problems and weren’t well liked. I’ve not heard of it with the ASR. But I haven’t really looked in to it that much.

Interesting. I know the trifecta mounts were having problems and weren’t well liked. I’ve not heard of it with the ASR. But I haven’t really looked in to it that much.
I’ve not had any issues with mine. I don’t understand how they fail without some user error, but that’s me.

I never had issues but have since gone to the 419 universal adaptor system in the last couple months so that I can use different cans all on the same mount with a relatively clean muzzle, no brake etc. fo 40 bucks a mount since I seem to be buying a new brake every few months lol
Had I been able to load up on these brakes at 30 bucks each I probably would have stuck with the asr.

I say that its user error thats the biggest flaw with the asr mount. Locking the can down with the lock collar partially locked stops it from spinning all the way on. Some say thats a design issue inherent, I say it could be designed a bit better maybe but the real issue is operator error.

I've had nothing but good luck with my ASR mounts, but I don't shoot nearly as much as some on here do. Additionally, I'll check the tightness of my can on the mount after a couple of rounds to make sure that it's snug when warm.

I think there is a multitude of problems. With the ASR, it comes down to user error. If you put the can on wrong, and try to force the collar, something isn’t right.

Then everyone remember the MAAD mount from Silencerco, which actually did have problems. I think some folks attribute all mounts from Silencerco as bad, when it requires asking if it was a MAAD mount versus an ASR.

Also, Q marketing likes stirring the pot, so they make a post, and fanboys with no experience just assume that what was posted is 100% true.

Working at a shop, we have had issues with MAAD mounts on my gun, and a demo gun. We have used the ASR mounts for multiple other demo guns of full auto to 300 Norma’s with zero issues.

I've got a system that works for me. I'm not trying to say it's a lot, but I've easily got over 1000 rds through my Omega over a handful or two of hosts and have not had an issue. The only complaint I have is that sometimes it can be hard to take off the can off when warm after shooting. I keep the spanner wrench in my pelican case so using that I can always get the can off.

I've shot my Specwar downrange. I put it on the rifle, and the first shot sent it flying. It only suffered a minor endcap strike. When I retrieved it the locking collar was tight. I still do not know what happened. I've put thousands of rounds through that can and taken it on and off hundreds of times. User error or not, it can happen. I think was Spife may have been getting at is that even if it's user error, it could be designed in a way to reduce that chance. I know for sure when my TBAC is threaded onto the brake that it's not coming off.

-Dan

Sadly I’ve had my saker come off twice. The first time I got lucky and had zero damage. Today however I suffered a endcap strike. New endcap and area 419 muzzle break and adapter are enroute. Hopefully won’t have the issue again. I still have other rifles that will be ASR. But no longer my bolt rifle.

We have a butt load of rifles out there running ASRs and Omega combos with no issues. I have had 3 cans launch downrange from shooters during a class in the last 12 months. 2 were SureFire and I don't remember the other brand for sure. All were operator error. Operator error can and will cause issues with ASRs and just about anything else out there. My point is that when paying attention, the ASR mount is solid, accurate and seemingly without issues. That being said, Jon at Area 419 makes great shit.

./

I have already posted earlier but now I’m having an issue. I have ASR brakes on my 5.56 SPR and my .308 bolt gun. On and off of the SPR is without issue. If it goes on the .308 it’s going to require removing the brake along with the stuck ASR mount after the can has been unscrewed. Not sure what the deal is. But it definitely doesn’t make it a QD mount. Maybe a PD Mount. Profanity Disconnect.

The first time I noticed was when I put it on the rifle to check the fit for a rifle case. Put it on a cold rifle, didn’t really twist it on tight at all, went to take it off (no shots fired) and it was stuck.

Got it loose (with a vise and wrench) and greased the threads on the brake. Put it in again with the same issue. It’s not an issue of over tightening or shooting and continuing to tighten while it’s hot. It just locks on there. Not sure if anyone else has experienced this.

I have already posted earlier but now I’m having an issue. I have ASR brakes on my 5.56 SPR and my .308 bolt gun. On and off of the SPR is without issue. If it goes on the .308 it’s going to require removing the brake along with the stuck ASR mount after the can has been unscrewed. Not sure what the deal is. But it definitely doesn’t make it a QD mount. Maybe a PD Mount. Profanity Disconnect.

The first time I noticed was when I put it on the rifle to check the fit for a rifle case. Put it on a cold rifle, didn’t really twist it on tight at all, went to take it off (no shots fired) and it was stuck.

Got it loose (with a vise and wrench) and greased the threads on the brake. Put it in again with the same issue. It’s not an issue of over tightening or shooting and continuing to tighten while it’s hot. It just locks on there. Not sure if anyone else has experienced this.

Yes. One of the mounts for my Specwar is this way. I can tighten it with what feels like a couple foot pounds and it takes all my strength to get it back off. It makes no sense. All the other mounts I've got with the same can are fine, no issues. No amount of cleaning or greasing helps.

I would encourage both of you ddavis and Eustic to contact SilencerCo with your issue.
LOTS of suppressor companies in this market now and I would guess none of them want you running around unhappy.

If you have the problem isolated to a specific ASR mount then it would be an easy fix to replace that mount. I am going to guess that SilencerCo would swap out your ASR for a new one and would likely want to see the current one that is causing issues.

They may tell you to jump off a bridge but the investment of a phone call to their CS would likely solve your issues.

./

Funny thing is that I already have one brake back with them now. I’m sure they’ll swap it out. They’ve been very good with customer service thus far.

I like the Omega, but if I can’t get the ASR mount off the brake then the QD doesn’t do me any good.

Update: I sent them an ASR brake that did not align with the bore. I never heard a single thing from SilencerCo about it until I got a notice from FedEx that something was on the way. They sent me a new brake, shim kit, and small tube of the grease.

Last edited:
SilencerCo customer service has been awesome for me. I’d rather not know how good their service is, but if I had to have issues I’m glad to know they take care of it. I had two Sakers with the MAAD mounts, the 7.62 started sticking and then took a trip down range. Sico sent me a fedex label, refinished the suppressor, and had it back to me in less than a week with a new mount for my trouble. I had some more sticking issues and asked them if I could swap out everything to ASR. I gave them a list of everything I had and they swapped it all out no questions asked, over a dozen muzzle devices and two can mounts. I haven’t had a single issue with the ASR mounts on multiple rifles and three cans on that system.