• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ASR muzzle brake on 22LR

EchoDeltaSierra

Slightly above average
Minuteman
Jun 1, 2013
Minnesota
I’m piecing together my V-22 and have an extra 30 cal ARS muzzle brake sitting on the shelf. Does anyone know if this would adversely affect accuracy? If not, I’ll probably install it to look cool and match my centerfire.

I don't see why it would negatively effect the accuracy.

But, the only real way to know for sure is to test it both ways.

Reactions: EchoDeltaSierra
As long as the thread pattern matches try it out and see.

No adverse affects that I can think of. Of course with a 22 this will simply be aesthetics. I would be a bit surprised if your threads match up.

your .22 barrel is likely 1/2x28, that 30 cal brake is 5/8x24.

My experience has been that muzzle brakes usually improve accuracy, even on rifles that have very little recoil, such as 223 Rem. However, it will almost certainly change your POI when compared to shooting with no brake. Not a big deal, but you do have to be conscience of it if switching back and forth.

You earned the combat infantry badge and you want to look cool with a braked .22? You're going to look stupid to 9 out of 10 unfortunate enough to have to be civil about it. Then there is the one person that is going to humiliate you in public.

You earned the combat infantry badge and you want to look cool with a braked .22? You're going to look stupid to 9 out of 10 unfortunate enough to have to be civil about it. Then there is the one person that is going to humiliate you in public.

The main consideration for an ARS break was to provide a platform for other devices I have. Also, I make a sport of humiliating myself in public.

Now I have to decide how much “looking cool” is worth.

About this much, follow your heart my friend :)

comp.JPGIMG_6052.JPG

Reactions: EchoDeltaSierra