• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Assembly started!!! ***Picture Update***

mceod

Private
Minuteman
Jan 18, 2011
29 Palms, CA
So I picked this little gem up of another boards for sale section. The previous owner had stated that there was 26 rounds down the tube, but that he had managed to strip out two of the base mount screws.

newrifle.jpg

Well, after a shipping delay (my fault) and California's 10-day wait period, I picked her up yesterday and delivered her to a local smith who is going to thread the barrel, instal a brake, open up the scope mount holes to 8x40, a trigger job, refinish the barreled action, and glass bed the stock.

The shopping for the a reloading setup starts Friday, and hopefully by the end of May I'll be shooting this beast on a regular basis.

Thanks for all the help the Hide has provided and I'll update with more pictures, a range report, and load workups when the time comes.

Re: Some assembly required, but it begins!

Nice! I've got a similar setup with the same stock, action, bolt knob & bipod. I just started reloading, too. It takes some work to get going but I'm finding it very rewarding. Enjoy!

Re: Some assembly required, but it begins!

I have that same stock on my Rem 700 SPS tactical. Great stock! Looks good so far!

Re: Assembly started!!! ***Picture Update***

Picked her back up from the smith today. Work done so far:
photo-1.jpg

photo.jpg

Barrel threaded
Brake installed
Action bedded
Scope base holes opened up to 8x40
LaRue 20 MOA base mounted
Seekins 30mm Medium rings mounted
SWFA 5-20x50 w/ sunshade, Butler Creek caps, and cat tail installed
Harris 6-9 swivel bipod.

The sun went down before I could get any shots off. I did get her roughly bore sighted and if the weather cooperates in the morning, it should be happy shooting!

Looks like the smith did a number on your dog! (S)he looks like (s)he's starting to move faster than human perception with all that custom work!

Really though, very nice looking setup! Keep us updated.

Real nice gun! Should definatly shoot well for you! Let us know how it goes and look in the reloading section for the forum for all your reloading tips, tricks and all around good practices. The guys in there are super helpful!

The dog pretty much does a number on himself. He's a crazy little puppy with tons of energy.