• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ASVAB Scores

Revenge Seeker

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 9, 2007
VA. U.S.A
Got my initial scores back from my ASVAB test, i took this test with no study, due to the fact that the recruiter called me the morning of, and asked if i wanted to try it out. I plan on studying and making my score as high as i believe it should be.

My scores from the initial test are as follows
Overall-
Army-
GT 118
CL 117
CO 124
EL 123
FA 124
GM 126
MM 131
OF 127
SC 120
ST 121

Navy-
GT 117
EL 228
BEE 224
ENG 122
MEC 196
NUC 234
OPS 227
HM 167
ADM 108

Marines-
MM 131
CL 109
GT 124
EL 116

Anyone help me out with what exactly these all mean?

Re: ASVAB Scores

Looks like you did just fine, you scored over a 110 on your GT so that opens you up to pretty much an MOS you want provided you can pass any other prereqs that are in place like getting a security clearance.

Did you take the official ASVAB? Not sure how you got line scores without doing so...unless the new practice test gives line scores.

Either way, Your QT is a 74 which is great, puts you in the Grad Alpha Category of 50 or over. Scoring any higher is pointless outside of personal satisfaction. Your GT Score is 118, which will allow you to qualify for any job provided your moral issues (prior law) and medical issues (if you have had any) don't disqualify you from a particular job.

ASVAB put me in upper 98 percentile, recruiters wouldn't leave me alone when i was in high school...I don't see the big deal, knowing a screwdriver from a hammer, adding 2+2 and knowing left from right seems kinda basic to me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Creeter2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

My scores from the initial test are as follows
Overall-
Army-
GT 118
CL 117
CO 124
EL 123
FA 124
GM 126
MM 131
OF 127
SC 120
ST 121

Navy-
GT 117
EL 228
BEE 224
ENG 122
MEC 196
NUC 234
OPS 227
HM 167
ADM 108

Marines-
MM 131
CL 109
GT 124
EL 116

<span style="font-weight: bold">Anyone help me out with what exactly these all mean? </span></div></div>

Means you're smart enough to illegally kill small game but not smart enough to get away with it. Also that you have noisy/illegal equipment on your motor vehicle which you happen to operate on a suspended license and then bitch when you get caught as if it was someone's fault other than yours. Oh, and it also says you're fat.

Forget about what the numbers mean kid, stick to Friday nights in the shout box and leave the fighting for the men.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Creeter2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I plan on studying and making my score as high as i believe it should be. </div></div>

Do yourself and fellow soldiers a favor...don't study for the ASVAB.

Studying and potentially scoring higher on a test of basic knowledge only gives false results as to your true knowledge base and aptitude.

Stick with what you have.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brain</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Creeter2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I plan on studying and making my score as high as i believe it should be. </div></div>

Do yourself and fellow soldiers a favor...don't study for the ASVAB.

Studying and potentially scoring higher on a test of basic knowledge only gives false results as to your true knowledge base and aptitude.

Stick with what you have. </div></div>

So by this theory he shouldn't do any physical training to get in shape. He should just go with his natural abilities his body has inherited!!
crazy.gif

Just curious, how do my scores stack up? as in, are they that of a normal HS grad, someone with a 2 year degree, what?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Creeter2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just curious, how do my scores stack up? as in, are they that of a normal HS grad, someone with a 2 year degree, what? </div></div>

douchebagn.jpg

Took the SASVAB. It was extremely easy. Cant wait to get my scores back.