• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ASYM .308 ammo

The salmon

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 23, 2013
St. Louis, MO
I have seen Lowlight use this ammo in his videos so I know it must be good.
I dont own or have access to a handloading/reloading equiptment, and on ASYMs website it says they handload the rounds using Lapua brass and SMK bullets.
So just want some opinions on this ammo since its $40 for 20 rounds, I am by no means calling it overpriced just saying.
So what groups have you gotten with these rounds

Well, it is expensive. Your post is rather timely for me. I was out in Pa yesterday so I took a small detour to visit Cabelas. They had some of the Asym 175gr boxes for $39 so I bought 100rds, since I thought it was a good way to get some Lapua brass and this was the first time I saw this round. I took out my new TRG 22 and S&B for the second time today and fired 20 rds of this stuff. This was my best group at 100yds.

That being said, I shot better groups at 100 with some FGMM 168s, and some M852 Match. Just trying different rounds and collecting brass before I load my own.

Attachments

• 0214 - Copy.jpg
    0214 - Copy.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
I fired the last 5 Asym rounds at 200yds and was pretty pleased. If it were not for that flyer it would have been a pretty impressive group. I adjusted the scope .6MRADS up from 100 zero, which obviously was too much for this round.

Attachments

• 0222 - Copy.jpg
    0222 - Copy.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 11
Funny you should ask. I was out today with some ASYM 175s sighting-in my Crusader for a 300 yard club match this
Saturday. 10 shots @ 300 Yds. After the first sighter and an adjustment for elevation and windage, the final 9 grouped under 2".
I prefer the ASYM over FGMM 175s and I'll be using them this Saturday. I've shot probably 100 rounds of ASYM, almost all of it at
300 yards. In my Crusader, they average under 2" for 5 shots at 300 for me.

It's definitely not for plinking.