• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AT AICS Chassis

Hattrick

Private
Minuteman
Jan 16, 2014
Has anyone built a RimX on a AICS ? pro’s cons or pics

That’s actually one combo I’ve yet to see, and does kind of make me wonder why it’s that way.

There was one floating around here somewhere, I just don’t remember what thread

That’s actually one combo I’ve yet to see, and does kind of make me wonder why it’s that way.
Seems the AICS isn't sought after for PRS style shooting...or is there a different explanation?

Seems the AICS isn't sought after for PRS style shooting...or is there a different explanation?
We’ve got a couple local people that run them for PRS but in a factory format, chances are people see more bang for their buck with other chassis/stock setups compared to the AI stuff. I mean they are cool but till they released the AT-X their main focus was on working guns and not PRS style stuff.

LOL...not everybody buying and building rifles is geared towards PRS type shooting. I have an AT and an AX and haven't sold them yet because they don't balance well on a barricade

Reactions: Doctorwho1138
I think a V360 in an AICS would be one sweet rig. I'd have more into it than what I paid for my AT though so that's a no lol.

• Haha
Reactions: ma smith
I have a Vudoo in an AX AICS. It is a cool setup. Probably not ideal for matches, but it has been reliable.

Interesting I’m not a match guy but would of thought AX AICS would be a better fit than it apparently is. I’ve always liked them. I broke down and have a action heading to keystone to get a barrel fitted, first choice would be A5 McMillan but don’t feel like waiting 6-9 months so scratching my head and leaning towards the AX AICS

Interesting I’m not a match guy but would of thought AX AICS would be a better fit than it apparently is. I’ve always liked them. I broke down and have a action heading to keystone to get a barrel fitted, first choice would be A5 McMillan but don’t feel like waiting 6-9 months so scratching my head and leaning towards the AX AICS
Notwithstanding the problems with the forend, the back half doesn't have 'universal' ergonomics.

I have a V22 in a AT. Love the combo, but it is pretty heavy.

While I love AI, part of the reason I sold my AX was because of the weird way they transitioned the foregrip to the round handguard. Very abrupt and large. There were some times the stuff I was shooting off and the balance was right at that junction and I was forced to get a bad setup because of it. I do not get that with my AT.

To prove my bias isn't because of the round forend, my 2nd favorite rifle is in a Remington RACS chassis (cadex pretty much) and I have no issues getting that to settle anywhere unlike the AX.

If you are doing any type of prs shooting with it I'd look at the AICS AT stock if you want an AI chassis (maybe the ATX but I haven't fondled one) but otherwise find something else. If no prs then screw it, it was a very sturdy chassis.

My Vudoos live in AIAX chassis.

They are really comfortable for me because the AI is about the only chassis/rifle I have spent a lot of time behind over the past 15-20 years. I tried Manners but couldnt warm up to them.

Reactions: King_beardsly
How about a 40X in an AICS 2.0? With an ancient MkIV?

39C6DA8B-5AFD-46A6-A52F-F723FDF2A9D1.jpeg

Last edited:
Did I miss something? When did they start an AT version of the AICS?

I know the AX version and the original version (like above) were out there.

Never heard they did a AT variant.

Don't think you missed anything AICS is the rem700 version of the AT chassis. It's been used to identify the same chassis....same product, wrong nomenclature.

@FUNCTIONAL

This is an AT AICS 1.5

535AE07A-E2C8-473D-B8F5-9C11D6C80E09.jpeg

Note multi piece skins (7 pieces) with distinctive butt and flush cups and plug for quick change barrel. These skins were also used for the AI AT rifle.

5CAC5191-BBBD-4381-B509-9EC7A2FA0F88.jpeg

Earlier AT AICS can be found with sling hooks and similar fore end skins but lack the hole in right fore end skin ( for barrel change) and have holes/ plugs for NV bridge mount.

A56B2BC8-AC57-4374-B3C0-88AD0193F37E.jpeg

This is an AICS 1.5:

97E2439F-E591-4270-B290-E1F16E5E2BD1.jpeg

Has two pice skin set (4 for 2.0) note distinctive butt, hooks for sling, square bolt cut out.

BF022610-72DD-4417-A9E8-ECD2311C955F.jpeg

2F81CE97-DFA9-40A9-B414-1AF52C09AD74.jpeg

Last edited:
By the looks of things I’d say you like them lol

Last edited:
@FUNCTIONAL

This is an AT AICS 1.5

View attachment 7889123

Note multi piece skins (7 pieces) with distinctive butt and flush cups and plug for quick change barrel. These skins were also used for the AI AT
So it pretty much just picked up the AT nomenclature when the skins were updated to the AT model. Got it.

You also have one nice collection and are close enough for me to drive to for a ftf purchase.... the plot thickens for a v360 in an aics

Well, to say that the only difference between the legacy AICS and AT AICS is some flush cups and a skin change is disingenuous. The AT AICS also adopted the same bedding interface as the AX AICS that provides more support for the action, especially at the rear tang. It also added KeySlot along the bottom along with the option to add KeySlot along the sides and more easily integrate a NV bridge.

@FUNCTIONAL

This is an AT AICS 1.5

View attachment 7889123

Note multi piece skins (7 pieces) with distinctive butt and flush cups and plug for quick change barrel. These skins were also used for the AI AT rifle.

View attachment 7889148

Earlier AT AICS can be found with sling hooks and similar fore end skins but lack the hole in right fore end skin ( for barrel change) and have holes/ plugs for NV bridge mount.

View attachment 7889134

This is an AICS 1.5:

View attachment 7889131

Has two pice skin set (4 for 2.0) note distinctive butt, hooks for sling, square bolt cut out.

View attachment 7889147

View attachment 7889137
thats what my gun room would look like if i hit the lottery !!!! I'd love to have those 2.0 od green skins !