• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AT&T has bent you over again

I am not an ATT customer, but just a general comment, this is like who cares so what at this point in time
Personal data beaches of millions of people have happened so many times now

My personal data has been in a dozen or more major breaches

LOCK/FREEZE YOUR CREDIT, even if not in a known breach you are a dumb fuck if you don't
Get an IP PIN with the IRS

Contact the Social Security Administration by phone at 800-772-1213 and request to block electronic access to your Social Security information

and self lock at https://www.e-verify.gov

Your employer, the IRS, your doctor, your health insurance, your dentist, anyone you have ever applied for credit with and their partners/affiliates none of them give a flying fuck about protecting your data.

Your information is out there like never before
and
its never been this easy for people to steal your info

The wife and I are retired, have a couple fixed income direct deposits, don't have credit and haven't for 20 years.
2 Factor when even it's available, Texts alerts for deductions, deposits, and balances over/under a limit.
Have locked with the 3 credit bureaus but it really doesn't matter because WE can't even get credit.
We do have AT&T for DSL and a land line, Changes are locked.
A couple times our debit cards have been hacked, likely by clerks in gas stations when the reader wouldn't work, but got everything back.
Luckily only one card at a time while we wait for a replacement. I watch the accounts often.
If the cushion in the bank accounts aren't high enough, we just wait until next month for a big purchase.
Waiting on this year's RMD to have a party :)
Hate to sound like a "Poor", but credit doesn't interest me.

Yeah combine this with the two day outage we had last week and the one a month ago and I think we are done. Spectrum was knocking on ourdoor on Friday but they aren't much better in my experience with them.

Reactions: mosin46
The wife and I are retired, have a couple fixed income direct deposits, don't have credit and haven't for 20 years.
2 Factor when even it's available, Texts alerts for deductions, deposits, and balances over/under a limit.
Have locked with the 3 credit bureaus but it really doesn't matter because WE can't even get credit.
We do have AT&T for DSL and a land line, Changes are locked.
A couple times our debit cards have been hacked, likely by clerks in gas stations when the reader wouldn't work, but got everything back.
Luckily only one card at a time while we wait for a replacement. I watch the accounts often.
If the cushion in the bank accounts aren't high enough, we just wait until next month for a big purchase.
Waiting on this year's RMD to have a party :)
Hate to sound like a "Poor", but credit doesn't interest me.
pretty much where i am at. landline,dsl NO cell phone,cable,streaming or any of that other surveillance crap. sorta works most of the time. bill is $163/mo and can't get any breaks from att. have to have a cell so they can call you for tech visit. fuck them and that. local elect co is putting in fiber optic comp so will go there whenever. have heard they will do phone if comp hook is a success. i hope. at&t management seems to think that nothing in my area but black,white and brown trash. so,no need to compete. daughter had att in miami for 30 years. not 1 issue ever. competition there,so. monitor my check,save,CC at least daily. have been thru > 10 new cards from cr union in 10 years. frequent fraud hits. visa & MC catch them late night when i don't. much prefer visa over mc but take what the cunion issues.