• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes At what range is the ATACR overkill?

texas_vet00

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Feb 24, 2010
    TX
    Looking to possibly replace an existing 3.5-15 NF and have no need to shoot 1k+... Keep what I have and be happy or ? :)

Thanks -

This is a personal decision-lots of people love the ATACR. I have never looked through one. However, I do prefer a front focal scope and for me it would be a no go. I've never needed more than the F-1 to shoot out to 1000 yards. I say keep what you got.

If spending $2300 is like spending $23 to you then get what ever you want. If not and you're never going to shoot 1000 yards and in truth the only reason why you want the ATACR is because its new and you like new things but have absolutely no fucking reason to have it and spending $2300 will hurt then keep what you have. Now keep in mind that the ATACR does have better glass so there is that consideration if you have eye sight problems.

Thanks for the responses here - Looks like the ATACR is a "want" and not a "need" so will keep what I have...

The glass in the ATACR is a big step up from the 3.5-15 NXS; I replaced my NXS with the ATACR and wouldn't got back.