• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AT-X Left Hand 6.5 PRC

Rockdoc173

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Aug 26, 2014
    Florida
    I ran across a thread wherein the OP was selling AT-Xs in 6.5 PRC. I would love to have one of these so I PM'd the OP and received no reply. It was a special run, I get it. To complicate matters, I want a left-hand variant. So, do lefty AT-Xs exist, and, if so, who should I get to do the metal work? I can buy the barrel from Mile High, but the bolt will still need to be opened up.

LH AI AT-X do not exist, and AI has said there are no current plans to make them.
    Bummer, I know. I'll keep my impacts, but the AI AT-X will be the first 60 degree LH I get someday, it just won't be soon, meh.
    Kick myself occasionally for not getting an AIAW-LH from EO or MH back in 2012, smdh...

Maybe someone could try a left handed action in an AT-X chassis? There is no bolt handle cut and the chassis is symmetric, right?

I ran across a thread wherein the OP was selling AT-Xs in 6.5 PRC. I would love to have one of these so I PM'd the OP and received no reply. It was a special run, I get it. To complicate matters, I want a left-hand variant. So, do lefty AT-Xs exist, and, if so, who should I get to do the metal work? I can buy the barrel from Mile High, but the bolt will still need to be opened up.
    I thought I ran across some talk about LH ATXs being in the wild...oh well. Sure is disappointing though. Both because I want the rifle and because this is the first time the internet has bestowed half-truths upon me. I'm so devastated that I might make a TikTok video voicing my displeasure. Next thing ya know, AI-produced images will have 22 fingers and be point backwards. Please, please tell me the world has not descended that far!

Left-handed ATX’s do exist… they just require a donor action from a left-handed AT.

Attachments

• IMG_4350.jpeg
      IMG_4350.jpeg
      1.3 MB · Views: 37
    Reactions: 47chevycoe