• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AT-X vs AX?

Which would you Choose AX or AT-X?

• AX

Votes: 38 35.2%
  • AT-X

Votes: 60 55.6%
  • Other AI

Votes: 10 9.3%

• Total voters
Get that used AX and give them the old French Canadian low ball offer to get it cheap.

Then order a Vision chassis ftw.... You will now be one of the cool kids.....

You will still be Canadian though so there's that

Get that used AX and give them the old French Canadian low ball offer to get it cheap.

Then order a Vision chassis ftw.... You will now be one of the cool kids.....

You will still be Canadian though so there's that

If I had a dollar for every time I got Low balled by someone in Quebec.... You're right though, Honestly if I could pack up my business and move to the US I would in a heart beat. You think Brandon sucks, you haven't met Turdeau.

Only problem is the gun is black... I want to be part of the Dark earth master race lol

By the sounds of it there's a lot of personal preference in this. I really like the look of the AX, our only choices here are AT, AT-X, AX308 and AXMC. I already have a couple chassis guns that fill that niche so this being a little different isn't a bad thing. If the guy won't deal then I'll just order new and wait

If I had a dollar for every time I got Low balled by someone in Quebec.... You're right though, Honestly if I could pack up my business and move to the US I would in a heart beat. You think Brandon sucks, you haven't met Turdeau.

Only problem is the gun is black... I want to be part of the Dark earth master race lol

Bro get that black ax now just do it.... The vision chassis comes in dark Earth homie...you are taking it apart anyway so if you wanted the action to match too easy....

If it’s for PRS type shooting 100% the atx. Can’t even be compared to ax. But if it’s for regular range days I’d go with the ax. It’s gonna cost you more but the looks of the ax are far better than the atx. Fde action and bolt shroud is something else

If it’s for PRS type shooting 100% the atx. Can’t even be compared to ax. But if it’s for regular range days I’d go with the ax. It’s gonna cost you more but the looks of the ax are far better than the atx. Fde action and bolt shroud is something else
Why not the AT?
If looks are important the AT with thumbhole skins exudes cool.

Add on the AO front end and you have both form and function, especially in Sage green.

I have an AT-X, AXSR & AICS AXSR chassis. This week sold my AXSA and previously owned an AT, AICS1.0 chassis... They are all good in their own ways.

The AT-X is obviously built for barricade shooting. It is a very nice rifle, mine has not yet reached it's full potential with the short NV bridge and weights but it is pretty easy to shoot. The front end is a square box tube, with an arca rail built in... It's not very comfortable to carry around the hills, compared to an AT with the rounded plastic skins. They are very bare-bones, you have to add a bag rider, rails, weights, forward sling mount etc. but this isn't a bad thing, it's a bit of a blank canvas allowing you to turn it into what you want and keep initial costs right down. You can run an 18" barrel on it, the competition trigger is nice.

The AX comes with the enclosed rail front end and 20MOA (removable) rail, if you're planning on running clip-ons or hunt with it, this rifle is a lot more comfortable to carry around and just generally shoot. I have shot the last 3 years of national PRS matches with an AXSA, Victor Company HR1 front rail, modified Area419 hand guard arca rail, thumb shelf, AR grip mod etc... Spent a tonne of money chasing what the AT-X now delivers out of the box. Like the others have said, 4,000 rounds is a GOOD thing, the rifle is run-in and slick. I'm a bit sad going from my smooth, sleek AX to a brand spanking new AT that needs a thousand rounds to get back into the groove. The AT-X is definitely a nice rifle, you'd struggle to be unhappy with it, just be realistic about how much you'll have to spend to get it going (muzzle brake, bag rider, weights etc. - if you're into that).

The AXSR is more of a hybrid blend of a magnum AX and an AT-X. Built in stepped arca rails, folding stock, enclosed front end, updated back end etc. But is clearly a long action which may be problematic, even with the 308 bolt / magazines if you're planning on turning it into a race gun 2etc. The 20MOA top rail is integrated on the AXSR, cannot be removed. I love this rifle, it is the first to come out of the safe these days. With the Proof 26" carbon 1:8" barrel in 300PRC, it strikes like lightning!

To throw a spanner in your plan, now having time on all three and other AI's, I'd consider an AXSR with a 300WM and 308Win bolt, giving you the ability to run one rifle from 22 Creedmoor up to 300PRC+.

AIs.jpg

AIs2.jpg

Last edited:
Why not the AT?
If looks are important the AT with thumbhole skins exudes cool.

Add on the AO front end and you have both form and function, especially in Sage green.
Because AT isn’t made for competition shooting either
When you add the AO rail and comp trigger your looking around ax price range. Might as well spend less get the Atx if it’s for prs style use

Reactions: Darkside-Six
Because AT isn’t made for competition shooting either
When you add the AO rail and comp trigger your looking around ax price range. Might as well spend less get the Atx if it’s for prs style use
What about for a rifle that may be used for hunting and field matches?
Does the traditional ass end make carrying the thing more pleasant or not really?

I have an AT-X, AXSR & AICS AXSR chassis. This week sold my AXSA and previously owned an AT, AICS1.0 chassis... They are all good in their own ways.

The AT-X is obviously built for barricade shooting. It is a very nice rifle, mine has not yet reached it's full potential with the short NV bridge and weights but it is pretty easy to shoot. The front end is a square box tube, with an arca rail built in... It's not very comfortable to carry around the hills, compared to an AT with the rounded plastic skins. They are very bare-bones, you have to add a bag rider, rails, weights, forward sling mount etc. but this isn't a bad thing, it's a bit of a blank canvas allowing you to turn it into what you want and keep initial costs right down. You can run an 18" barrel on it, the competition trigger is nice.

The AX comes with the enclosed rail front end and 20MOA (removable) rail, if you're planning on running clip-ons or hunt with it, this rifle is a lot more comfortable to carry around and just generally shoot. I have shot the last 3 years of national PRS matches with an AXSA, Victor Company HR1 front rail, modified Area419 hand guard arca rail, thumb shelf, AR grip mod etc... Spent a tonne of money chasing what the AT-X now delivers out of the box. Like the others have said, 4,000 rounds is a GOOD thing, the rifle is run-in and slick. I'm a bit sad going from my smooth, sleek AX to a brand spanking new AT that needs a thousand rounds to get back into the groove. The AT-X is definitely a nice rifle, you'd struggle to be unhappy with it, just be realistic about how much you'll have to spend to get it going (muzzle brake, bag rider, weights etc. - if you're into that).

The AXSR is more of a hybrid blend of a magnum AX and an AT-X. Built in stepped arca rails, folding stock, enclosed front end, updated back end etc. But is clearly a long action which may be problematic, even with the 308 bolt / magazines if you're planning on turning it into a race gun 2etc. The 20MOA top rail is integrated on the AXSR, cannot be removed. I love this rifle, it is the first to come out of the safe these days. With the Proof 26" carbon 1:8" barrel in 300PRC, it strikes like lightning!

To throw a spanner in your plan, now having time on all three and other AI's, I'd consider an AXSR with a 300WM and 308Win bolt, giving you the ability to run one rifle from 22 Creedmoor up to 300PRC+.

View attachment 7768201

View attachment 7768207
First off Wow gorgeous rifles! secondly I would love to get an AXSR however they are not available in Canada unfortunately. And due to the agreements for AI USA VS AI UK, mile high and euro won't sell me one to import :( so my options are AXMC, AX308, AT-X or AT. I had an AT and sold it and I think I'm going with the AX308 as 99% of my shooting is 1K or less which I don't need a long action for

I think I'm going with the AX

• Love
Reactions: 96C
First off Wow gorgeous rifles! secondly I would love to get an AXSR however they are not available in Canada unfortunately. And due to the agreements for AI USA VS AI UK, mile high and euro won't sell me one to import :( so my options are AXMC, AX308, AT-X or AT. I had an AT and sold it and I think I'm going with the AX308 as 99% of my shooting is 1K or less which I don't need a long action for

I think I'm going with the AX
Where does Canada get there AIs then, the UK?
Its interesting that the AT-X is comparatively a lot cheaper in the US vs the UK.
As in the addition price from the AT to AT-X in the US is only 500usd whereas its more like 1500usd In the UK.

Where does Canada get there AIs then, the UK?
Its interesting that the AT-X is comparatively a lot cheaper in the US vs the UK.
As in the addition price from the AT to AT-X in the US is only 500usd whereas its more like 1500usd In the UK.
Yup UK, product support is abysmal because of that.

Pricing is as follows

AXMC: $10,135.00 CAD
AX308: $ 8,050.00 CAD
AT: $ 6,300.00 CAD
AT-X: $ 6,230.00 CAD

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 96C and beetroot
Also, I would imagine the full-length handguard on the AX is probably more optimized for hard NV usage… not that the AT-X doesn’t have that capability, but I’m not sure the bridge would be quite as rugged.
Idk the handguard is more built in on the atx versus 2 bolt on on the ax

Yup UK, product support is abysmal because of that.

Pricing is as follows

AXMC: $10,135.00 CAD
AX308: $ 8,050.00 CAD
AT: $ 6,300.00 CAD
AT-X: $ 6,230.00
Yeah thats ratshit, crazy Canada isn't covered by AI North America lol

Reactions: Mareshow
Looking at them side by side just makes me want the AX more lol

and a silencer :(
There's a couple TBAC 338SR's in the PX for cheap on form 3's that are gonna be ready to go in a couple weeks, treat yourself!

Yeah thats ratshit, crazy Canada isn't covered by AI North America lol
It's horseshit for sure. The last I heard Canada was in North America but can't get shit from AINA. On another note, Suppressors are a no no as well in this country. I can have one on my work gun but on my personal AI I can't. The way things are going in this country with our current leftist clowns running the show we will be lucky if Daisy Red Ryders aren't prohibited in 10 years.

Last edited:
Reactions: beetroot
It's horseshit for sure. The last I heard Canada was in North America but can't get shit from AINA. On another note, Suppressors are a no no as well in this country. I can have one on my work gun but on my personal AI I can't. The way things are going in this country with our current leftist clowns running the show we will be lucky if Daisy Red Ryders aren't prohibited in 10 years.
Feel your pain, live in New Zealand and we are the same. Sadly only a few years ago NZ was a great place to be a gun owner.

Gun guys in the US have no idea how good they have it.
Other than suppressor, even cuck countries like the UK and NZ have vastly better rules around suppressors.

Just picked up a AX308 LEO/agency trade in from Mile High. No idea how many rounds on the barrel, (IIRC) not that long ago in a podcast Jacob said he just put his 28th barrel on his AI. I took into account what a new barrel from MHSA would cost and the AX was a good deal even if I need to buy a new barrel. I thought about getting a ATX, but living in Alaska and now being landlocked from the 48 because of Xidenfaucci Flu. I dont see any driving down to comps a option until the nucks kick the poutine out TrudAOCeau. AX for me, until the provinces/territories decide to become states 51-60, then I will get a AO/V. Until then I will be shooting steel on BLM/State land. If anyone wants to come to Alaska fish and shoot...