• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing ATAC Cerakote Application?

ZombieSlayer

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 28, 2013
The Land Down Under
I'vegot some skins coming that have been dipped in ATAC camo. I plan to do the barreled action the same. I have satin black, FDE, Desert Sand, Bae Green, OD Green currently in the fridge. I do need to get some more black so getting another colour if needed is doable. I guess I need to see exactly what the skins look like when they turn up to decide on any additional colours needed before ordering more but I'm happy to mix what I have to get it right. I've tried a few different mixes so far with mostly good results.

But anywho, does anyone have any advice on application of ATAC to the barreled action? Is it best to use a small air brush nozzle and do it freehand? Or can it be done with a sponge or something? So far the only camo I've done has been stenciled and a stuff around freehand for zebra stripes on an old stock just for the experience.

Any pointers greatly appreciated.