• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes ATACR 7-35 eye box at high magnification?

Danattherock

Minuteman
  • Feb 17, 2017
    For folks with experience with this optic does the eye box get finicky at higher magnifications?

I didn't find the eye box as forgiving as some other optics, while casually looking through one recently. But I'm 6'6" 320 and my gun fit is quite a bit different than others so I assume that had a lot to do with it.

I'm really curious if this condition is common on the ATACR 7-35, and especially once entering the 25-30x range.

Thanks for any thoughts you may have.

Fits me just fine, no issues. I think setup is important. Yea it's a little tighter after 25x but I've shot on 35x before.

Reactions: Danattherock
    I should clarify what I meant, does this scope have a tighter eye box at those magnifications when compared to others (Kahles 5-25 and ZCO 527 are what I can compare).

Thanks

In practical use, under recoil you'll tend to lose the target from the FOV before your eye moves out o the eye box with the NF. It's smaller than say a Schmidt or ZCO, but not by much, and certainly not enough to hold anyone back.

Reactions: Danattherock