• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes ATACR and Triggercam?

mjspeers

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 28, 2020
Anyone have a lot of experience with this combo? I would very much like a scope camera that doesn’t interfere with scope operation or image. I want this for hunting, so sometimes seconds count.

My main hunting gun for deer is actually a smokeless muzzleloader. It has an atacr and does have a bit of a kick. With the rotating eye piece on the atacr am I out of luck? Will it restrict the magnification I use or will I have to readjust the trigger cam if I throw the magnification?

Using that combo now. Yes it's a bit tricky with the rotation of the ocular. If you adjust mag with the TC on, your image will be crooked. If you adjust mag too high you could run into a bolt issue cause it'll be all the way on that side.
I basically use my atacr as a fixed 18x and it's fine if I don't touch it.

Reactions: mjspeers
Do you use this in hunting or competition? Have you ever felt it was a hinderance?

Do you use this in hunting or competition? Have you ever felt it was a hinderance?
Both with a ton of different scopes. It definitely is a little bit of a challenge. It'll put a dark tint over the scope when looking through it. The eyebox is way pickier and takes up a good bit of eye relief. I had to move my ATACR forward 1 or 2 slots on my action rail.

Thanks. This is what I needed to know and also what I was afraid of. I really want it to work but don’t want to sacrifice time or that last little bit of shooting light.

Thanks. This is what I needed to know and also what I was afraid of. I really want it to work but don’t want to sacrifice time or that last little bit of shooting light.
Yea I mean last tiny tiny bit of shooting light could get tricky. I guess you could always take it off. Tho not ideal.

I’ll second what @Covertnoob5 said

I use mine on an atacr. I didn’t need to move my eye relief any but a couple things I noticed when hunting,

1) Leave it turned on. It takes time to activate already but having off takes longer. I did cost myself shots messing with it when I could have been shooting

2) It does mess with last light. You’ll end up removing it. Not only does it cost you last few minutes but you won’t be able to lower magnification quickly with it on. Or at least still recording a level video. So unless you run your scope on low power you’ll be backing it off anyways near dark

I run mine on 10-18 power generally. But the rotating ocular on the atacr makes it a less than ideal source for a triggercam

Many times I will mount it on say 12 power. But leave the scope at a lower magnification. Triggercam turned to the side and off. Then I have quick acquisition if needed. Just make the shot your priority and if you have time for the camera just turn on, put the camera straight up, hit record and then shoot.

Last edited:
There is a major piss off factor using them on an ATACR... To the point that I don't bother anymore.
On an NX8 it's not too bad, being that the eyepiece doesn't rotate.

Thanks for the input everyone. As much as I like the idea I think I’m going to pass. I can just see spending the money then messing up a good deer and hating it. I take A camcorder on a monopod if/when time allows.

Does the Triggercam record its own pics/video or does it have to be connected to phone app to work appropriately? @Covertnoob5 will you be using this for your upcoming alpha scope review? Im curious the quality of through the scope images and video especially when zooming around to different targets.

Does the Triggercam record its own pics/video or does it have to be connected to phone app to work appropriately? @Covertnoob5 will you be using this for your upcoming alpha scope review? Im curious the quality of through the scope images and video especially when zooming around to different targets.
It has an SD card slot. The quality actually isn't bad at all. If you look on my IG I've uploaded stage videos using it with my ZCO and my TT. And yes I have footage of usage thru most of the scopes at this point.

Reactions: Glassaholic