• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes ATACR Replacement?

Gasgun

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 10, 2013
I currently have a 4-16X42 ATACR with the MIL-R reticle on my LMT MWS in .308.
Overall, I am happy with it. The size and mag range are about perfect for the gun and my purposes.
I want to move to a tree type reticle. I have started shooting with clip on NV and thermal and a tree has to be better than trying to dial elevation in the dark. Additionally, my eyesight is starting to suck and dialing in the daytime is more work than it used to be.
I was thinking of picking up another ATACR with a more suitable reticle.
Thought I should get some opinions on other options to look at with a similar size and mag in the sub-$3000 range.
What else should I be looking at?

What kind of night vision you plan on running with it?

You might try contacting Nightforce and see if they still do reticle swaps. The mill-xt would work well. Just a thought!

Reactions: BurtG
NV being used right now is a KN-253. Plans are to go to a PVS-27 or PVS-30.
Already talked to NF about a reticle swap. They only do that on a limited number of SFP optics.
ZCO 4-20 is very appealing. I’m not too proud to buy used.

I currently have a 4-16X42 ATACR with the MIL-R reticle on my LMT MWS in .308.
Overall, I am happy with it. The size and mag range are about perfect for the gun and my purposes.
I want to move to a tree type reticle. I have started shooting with clip on NV and thermal and a tree has to be better than trying to dial elevation in the dark. Additionally, my eyesight is starting to suck and dialing in the daytime is more work than it used to be.
I was thinking of picking up another ATACR with a more suitable reticle.
Thought I should get some opinions on other options to look at with a similar size and mag in the sub-$3000 range.
What else should I be looking at?

I really dig the Khales. Had a 4-16 ATACR but recently picked up a 3-18x50 Khales with SKMR3. I actually prefer it to the ATACR. Only optic I really prefer more is the ZCO.

Reactions: TacticalPlinker
ATACR is a really good scope, you could just sell yours and buy another with the Mil-XT. NX8 2.5-20 was made for clipon use, but will be a bit more finicky than your ATACR for daytime use. If you’re looking to move up in quality the Schmidt 3-20 is outstanding but their choice in tree reticles is rather lacking - GRI2D is pretty light/thin. Kahles K318i is a great scope but pretty narrow FOV. ZCO 4-20 and March 4.5-28 are very compelling (don’t be fooled by the 4.5x on the low end, March has more FOV at 4.5 than Kahles at 3.5 and ZCO at 4). Best glass for ultra short is ZCO. Since you’re running an LMT you have a monolithic rail so no need to worry about a cantilevered mount, I’ll try to get a pick up soon with my LMT, March and clipon. @lennyo3034 just won the PRS Pro Series gas gun challenge with a March 4.5-28…

I'm thinking about snagging one of these to help dial at night.