• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes ATACR VS NXS for the Money

The glass in the ATACR is quite a bit nicer than the NXS glass. I've got a friend with a ATACR and it's a noticeable improvement over my 8-32 NXS glass. Whether or not that's worth $350 is subjective, the NXS glass is good enough to see anything you want. However, if you're a lover of german/Austrian glass (zeiss, Swarovski, S&B) then the ATACR is in that league while the NXS isn't.

The ATACR Glass is much better than the NXS I still feel the NXS glass good and will do a great job for most shooters. Nightforce NXS scope are still among my favorite scopes on the market.

Mike @ CSTACTICAL

Am I the only one that wishes they'd hurry up and come out with a 3-15x50 FFP ATACR with Mil-R? Basically an F1-Badass edition.

No, there is much more that the ATACR offers aside from 20 moa. Superior glass, wider field of view and much better low light transmission just to name a few.

Sully

ABSOLUTELY - You get ED Glass for much improved resolution and color fidelity and replication. I would not hesitate to put the ATACR up against some of the finest European glass.

You gain an additional 20moa of travel in a shorter overall package. Nearly an inch saved over the 5.5-22 and you get 3x more magnification on the top side. However, you do gain an additional 6 ounces as a result of the heavier more dense ED glass and 34mm tube construction. All of that with the die hard reliability and accurate tracking that the NXS is known for.

Is it worth the additional cost.......In my humble opinion....ABSOLUTELY!

The ATACR is worth the increased cost of admission. Better glass and low light transmission.