• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ATACS Camo Dipped JAE-100/M1A

rwest309

Private
Minuteman
Nov 11, 2007
Artesia NM
I have recently been playing with water transfer printing in the garage and finally got the nerve up to put my limited experience to the test on something expensive. I think it came out fairly well. I may redo the heat shield as it came out a bit dark but all in all I think it looks slick.

Water transfer printing is some really cool shit. It definitely looks easier than it is. Just thought I would share it with yall since my wife couldn't care less as long as it doesn't reek of paint fumes/activator in the garage.

Re: ATACS Camo Dipped JAE-100/M1A

Slick...I have a GAP 308 waiting to ship that has the AICS skins dipped in ATACS...can't wait to see (shoot) it.

looks great. I like the color

Super sexiness! M1A's+JAE=Sexiness, M1A's+JAE+ATACS=Super sexiness! I love it

Nice work! I've been thinking about trying ATACS out, just unsure of the durability of a dip. It does look like it will work really well in our area though.

I got the film from TWN Industries. I hope it holds up. It has several coats of matte clear over it so I think it will.

Nice stock, accuracy international makes good stuff. Good job on the camo!

Awesome looking rig boss. The more I look at the idea the more I like it.

It's got me thinking of buying a spare set of AICS skins for my Skunkworks rifle and doing them in a woodgrain pattern.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sr15match</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Awesome looking rig boss. The more I look at the idea the more I like it.

It's got me thinking of buying a spare set of AICS skins for my Skunkworks rifle and doing them in a woodgrain pattern. </div></div>

Definately do it in Gucci pattern

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rwest</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got the film from TWN Industries. I hope it holds up. It has several coats of matte clear over it so I think it will. </div></div>
I just went to their website, and found the ATACS pattern. Although, judging by their site, it appears that TWN's market focus is selling wholesale equipment and supplies to the hydrographics industry. You had no problem getting film from them? Did you also purchase the activator, primer, and clear from TWN as well? Lastly, did you paint your stock prior to the coating? If so, what color?
I'm anxious to try my hand at covering my B&C A5 stock with the ATACS film.

KIS this a service weapon or a range type gun?

Reason I ask is that the black would have to go, for any serious field use, IMO. Black on a gun can be a huge target indicator.

No offense ment, BTW. It is a beautiful rifle.

That looks great....Ive been debating whether to do my next rifle myself or send it off.

I want to do a multicam dip. Ive watched videos on Youtube and it doesnt look terribly difficult.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: alongshot50</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Hey what kind of flash supperssor is that....I like!!! </div></div>

Looks to be the SureFire MB762SS01 muzzle brake.

I have the MB762-213F but I'm still waiting to try it out since my rifle isn't finished. Looks like a very effective brake though.

Difference between the two is the MB762SS01 is an over the barrel style and only works on 22" barrels and the MB762-213F is a muzzle mount style and will work with 22" and 18"/18.5" barrels.

I'm on the fence between ATACS and MultiCam right now. If I could find the British Multi-Terrain Pattern in a hydrographic I'd be on it.

Quick question for OP... is that a heavy barrel and did you trim the hand guard inside and on the sides for proper fitment? It looks curved on top.

Love the color it looks bad a^^. I think even with the heqat shiel just a bit dark it still looks awsome.

Does anyone know where I can get the DIY kit in Multi cam?

All the DIY kits I could find dont sell multicam.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lofty</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone know where I can get the DIY kit in Multi cam?

All the DIY kits I could find dont sell multicam. </div></div>

Might be due to some licensing agreement with Crye Precision.

Never mind.........after getting some more info from the OP regarding the behind the scenes on camo dipping......I think I'll just send my stuff off and have it done by a pro.

Apparently it's more of a pain in the butt than it's worth.

What barrel profile do you have on that rifle? I'm trying to decide between a medium or heavy weight Krieger with that same Surefire brake.

It's a heavy weight contour obermeyer 5r tube. Recoil reduction is good but not nearly as noticeable as a similar brake on a bolt rifle. I think it is mainly due to the reciprocating mass of the operating system. It was not bad before. The brake is mainly just a mounting solution for me.

TWN has multi cam and atacs in stock. They will sell it to you if you have a business license. At least they did as of a few months ago. Be warned. Using the process is a whole lot harder than it looks on you tube.

Great job. I have some pants on the way next week and I will definitely have to look into having this done on my rifle.

The more I see ATACS camo the more I dig it. And will work perfect for southern utah/nevada where I shoot and hunt

I'm waiting on my JAE gen 3 to get made/shipped.

Once the whole thing is put together I think I may have it done in multicam.

The JAE stock is just pure sexiness.

very nice bro, i like that pattern alot, its kinda subtle

A-TAC camo is incredible for rocky desert areas. Your rifle literally disappears against the rocks. A touch of light green would make it even better for the general desert.