• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ATF: Ask The Expert?

SkyScrapin

Strictly Offensive Kit
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 31, 2010
Dallas, TX
strictlyoffensivekit.com
When submitting a Form 1 or 4, has anyone tried to use this feature?

I submitted a Form 1 for an Accuracy International ASR. On the rifle is says "Accuracy International England" which is what they want me to use after disapproving a previous submission. "Accuracy International Ltd." is "Accuracy International England", the correct manufacturers name.. but it's not on the gun. So when in doubt... ask. But be prepared to wait.

I've submitted this to the ATF asking for clarification, in writing no less, but they seem to be on hiatus because they aren't responsive.

Have you used Ask The Expert?? How long did it take to get a reply?

I've used it in the past to enquire about a Form 1 that was disapproved. They responded in 2 business days I believe it was. All I received was a generic answer, but it doesn't hurt to use it.

I used it when I submitted the wrong trust paperwork on a pending form 1. They replied in a couple days with a solution.

I have gotten a response in a business day or two as well. I submitted an issue I had with an eForm and actually got a good solution in response.

I thought some might find this helpful... regarding the manufacturer's name, importer's name if applicable, addresses/locations, etc., asked for on 4473 and other ATF docs, they always want the info exactly as it appears on the firearm/device. For instance, Ruger has a few different locations and a few slightly different Ruger entity names, and the ATF wants all the little details of those nuances.

For the person filling in the info it seems tedious, but it can prevent delays.

Reactions: SkyScrapin
When submitting a Form 1 or 4, has anyone tried to use this feature?

I submitted a Form 1 for an Accuracy International ASR. On the rifle is says "Accuracy International England" which is what they want me to use after disapproving a previous submission. "Accuracy International Ltd." is "Accuracy International England", the correct manufacturers name.. but it's not on the gun. So when in doubt... ask. But be prepared to wait.

I've submitted this to the ATF asking for clarification, in writing no less, but they seem to be on hiatus because they aren't responsive.

Have you used Ask The Expert?? How long did it take to get a reply?
😆😆😆😆

Yeah I tried it a few times a year or so ago.... I don't think there's been an answer yet....

Pretty sure this is to form 1 as an sbr.
Yeah, I get that. I was just considering whether or not Brandon's AFT has been "asked" to look at all NFA Form submissions with a rather "critical" eye. It's not like they're a politically-dependent "law enforcement/legislator" that changes it's opinions based on whichever direction the wind blows.

I know, it just confounds the most civically-adept minded amongst us, but I digress...

Sitting at well over 3-4 bidnis dayz and still no reply,

What's frustrating is the right answer, or rather the right name, isn't the legal name, but it's what's on the weapon,

And since I already wasted a perfectly good set of prints that go shipped to somewhere at the AFT, I think this requires another set of prints which is a royal PITA where I'm at.

Thus, I'll give it a week and resubmit again with what's on the weapon system, and we'll see what they have to say.

Cheers.