• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ATF auditor ignorance on pistol brace

Animal357

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Aug 18, 2020
    Had my ATF audit for my FFL today. Auditor requsted registration paperwork for my pistol braces. I explained that there are injunctions against that ruling for members of 3 groups. She said she never heard of it and I still have to register.

I showed her an article outlining the injunction and forwarded it to her. She called her office who knew nothing about it and referred her to an ATF lawyer, that said "yeah, it's all screwed up. Ignore the registration requirement."

It's been two months and field agents nor the home office still don't know about the injuctions????????

Oh, and the NFA database on me was not accurate. She said it rarely is and that's why keeping a copy of all my NFA paperwork is so important. Rarely is accurate????? Its the .gov. No surprise.

Last edited:
    At least she didn’t shoot herself in the foot at a school demonstrating a unloaded gun. In my experience atf agents are the least intelligent of the federal bureaucracy, which considering the low bar is amazing in itself.