• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors ATF Classifies Pot Scrubbers as Silencers, Makes P

Re: ATF Classifies Pot Scrubbers as Silencers, Makes P

Wow! Nothing surprises me anymore. You cannot fix stupid, especially when it is the gubbamint!

Wow, who knew kitchen supplies were so dangerous!

Lets see ..I have various sizes of pipe , washers , a few taps and dies and a welding machine in my garage along with tons of other junk....
Guess I'm now possibly in violation for " intent " on manufacturing suppressors
if there is a will , there is a way they will make it illegal
mad.gif

It's not realistic or possible for a free society to eliminate the legal possession of silencer making materials.

A person could crack a window in their house and open a door and if firing from two rooms back, the house could be used as a suppressor.

If a person drilled a hole in their car and fired through it, it would become a suppressor.

If a person sticks the barrel of their .22lr into a bucket of water and fires- he's probably suppressed the shot.

A pillow could probably reduce sound.

A 20 ounce bottle filled with shaving cream works.

a potato apparently can suppress sound. Cantaloupe or watermelon would probably then work better.

<span style="font-weight: bold">The point I'm trying to make? Well we've just made a case for houses, cars, Coka-cola, shaving cream, pillows, fruit and vegatables, buckets, and water being ilegal. </span>

If you got creative, I'm sure a barrel stuck inside a raw pot roast could suppress a shot. So we could probably make all food and water illegal and then law abiding citizens could all starve to death while waiting for the approval on the form 1's to legally buy groceries.

Wouldn't it just be easier for the ATF to consider the components end user replaceable? At least it would sound more inteligent than to suggest Chore boy scrub pads are not legal.

I wonder how the Chore Boy scrub pad company feels about that?

Is that a frozen pizza and a roll of tape? Or is it something that in 25 minutes [thaw] could be rolled into a cylinder, wrapped in tape, and bayonet attached to a .22 rifle for use as a silencer?

This is at the same time sad, outrageous, and hilarious.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Griffin Armament</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wonder how the Chore Boy scrub pad company feels about that?</div></div>

If I were them, I'd rename the product to "Tactical Scrub Pad", then sell them for three times as much.

barrel placed against bad guys chest...round fired to save life...round was surpressed. Go directly to jail and do not collect $200.

This ruling rationalization completely contradicts the user-replacement of bullet wipes, and in the case of bullet wipes they are considered an expendable part that is allowed to be replaced by the end user.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bedlam</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> If I were them, I'd rename the product to "Tactical Scrub Pad", then sell them for three times as much.</div></div>

good one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Griffin Armament</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It would be a terrible waste of delicious pizza... but I'm pretty sure it would work-

</div></div>

If it was a totinos pizza it would be ok. Those are not very good any way.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rpk762</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Griffin Armament</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It would be a terrible waste of delicious pizza... but I'm pretty sure it would work-

</div></div>

If it was a totinos pizza it would be ok. Those are not very good any way. </div></div>

HAHA Agreed
grin.gif
^^^

But on a serious note this is saying that if one owns a integral suppressed weapon or several they can not service it them selves. Well this could be a huge problem for some people that have invested a allot of money in these type firearms. This will not sit well if someone has to pay a tax of 200$ every 2000 to 5000 rounds of 22LR to have there Chore boy replaced.
mad.gif

Maybe my reading comprehension sucks. Where does it say pot scrubbers are illegal? The ATF is saying that the "act" of replacing things in your suppressor will make you a manufacturer, which has been the same for all suppressors.

I read a while back that someone had a problem with their can and the part was very cheap, maybe $1. The person had to send it back to the manufacturer to get it replaced.

Then explain a wipe for instance. A John's Gun's suppressor uses a Chore Boy in the cooling chamber were the ports are drilled in the barrel to drop the velocity of the round. And if I had to send it back every time that is destroyed that would be every 6 months that is ridiculous. Then I think if the BATF is going to make such ridiculous laws then SEAL every suppressor so they are NOT user serviceable at all then there would be no temptation for anyone to make a mistake and get in to legal trouble. I guess I will just sell the suppressors that I own that require that particular item until the BATF decides to make another great law like no interchangeable end caps with different threads.{It's COMING}!!!!

we put up with this garbage, have for a while and will continue to for a lot longer.

So does that mean we have to fill out a form4 for a purchase of pot scrubber??

More or less if you are in possession of said pot scrubber and a firearm you could be hit with intent to construct a illegal suppressor. And if you own a suppressor that uses this item in it's construction you file a form1 to replace it with 200$