• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors ATF Corrections Letter?

poison123

Gunny Sergeant
Banned !
Minuteman
  • Jul 17, 2009
    US
    Just got a correction letter for a SBR I submitted awhile back. They highlighted the issues on the form, do I just make up a new one? Or do I just use some whiteout and initial it or something and return it to them?

My issues were:

Box 4A

I put
    "Heckler & Koch GmbH"
    "Made in Germany"

They highlighted GmbH.

And box 4d:

"Heckler & Koch USC"

They highlighted Heckler & Koch.

I guess I need to remove both of those entries and send it back right?

Just got a correction letter for a SBR I submitted awhile back. They highlighted the issues on the form, do I just make up a new one? Or do I just use some whiteout and initial it or something and return it to them?

My issues were:

Box 4A

I put
    "Heckler & Koch GmbH"
    "Made in Germany"

They highlighted GmbH.

And box 4d:

"Heckler & Koch USC"

They highlighted Heckler & Koch.

I guess I need to remove both of those entries and send it back right?

For 4a, that should be who imported it. There should be US markings on the receiver. It got kicked back because there is no such animal as direct international sales, had to be imported BY someone, my guess is H&K Sterling, VA.

For 4d, The model is USC, not H&K USC.

I'd also call and see if they want the old info lined out, white outed, or a fresh copy sent.

Assume a fresh copy as its a F1 and you don't need a SOT signature or anything.

Good news is, you are almost approved! I have a F1 I sent at the end of December. When was yours sent?

I had to do a correction about three weeks ago and they wanted a new one and I destroyed the old one!! It only took two weeks after the correction and I got the suppressor!

Once, I accidentally transposed numbers in the SN and they sent it back. I used whiteout to make the corrections. I mailed the corrected form back and had it approved and back in hand in two weeks.

I've made corrections by striking through the error, writing over it, and sending it back in. That seems to be what our examiner wants, as far as I can tell..