• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ATF does me a solid

buffalowinter

Freer of the Oppressed
Minuteman
  • Mar 17, 2014
    Llano, TX
    The ATF called me today about an error on a recent Form 1 e-file. Very nice lady, said she'd fix it for me. This is the third time someone from the ATF has contacted me about an error on a form. Each time was courteous and they fixed my problem for me. Just sayin'

thumbs up.jpg

I had help from the ATF recently too!
    Submitted a e-forms Form-1 for an SBR. (first time for me).
    One month later, received a “denied”
    I put the wrong info in the “model” box on the form.
    Did not match the photo, no easy way to correct that.
    Immediately submitted a new Form-1, filled out correctly this time.
    Received an “Approved” w/ stamp in two (2) weeks!

I'm surprised nobody has challenged the NFA to the SC, since they've rules several times (relatively recently) even a small fee on a right is unconstitutional..

Reactions: triumph001
    My experience with individuals at the NFA branch has been positive. They are sometimes a bit slow to respond, but given the time of day (or night) that they have provided those responses, I don't think it's fair to criticize them for not working hard enough.

I'm surprised nobody has challenged the NFA to the SC, since they've rules several times (relatively recently) even a small fee on a right is unconstitutional..

Per Scalia's majority opinion in Heller, the Supreme Court upholds the Miller decision. Scalia wrote: "We therefore read Miller to say only that the Second Amendment does not protect those weapons not typically possessed by law-abiding citizens for lawful purposes, such as short-barreled shotguns." :( Needless to say that I do not agree with this, but it's the reason that you're not seeing anyone taking your proposed approach.

• Sad
    Reactions: NoDopes
    I had one lady who was awesome. She seriously helped me out big time.

Per Scalia's majority opinion in Heller, the Supreme Court upholds the Miller decision. Scalia wrote: "We therefore read Miller to say only that the Second Amendment does not protect those weapons not typically possessed by law-abiding citizens for lawful purposes, such as short-barreled shotguns." :( Needless to say that I do not agree with this, but it's the reason that you're not seeing anyone taking your proposed approach.

That’s why I’m so happy AR-14s are so popular and typically possessed for lawful purposes.

Miller was never tried to resolution.

Miller died before the trial.

His defense could have easily defended by introducing the standard infantry trench gun into the record.

The ATF would do us all a solid if they would just go away. They should be defunded to $0.

I don't care if the lady was nice, she works for an agency that has done nothing but infringe on American citizens' Rights.

Miller was never tried to resolution.

Miller died before the trial.

His defense could have easily defended by introducing the standard infantry trench gun into the record.

Take it up with Scalia, who decided that Miller was still worthy of establishing precedent for the Heller case.

The Heller majority opinion in general should be considered a stain on Scalia's legacy. It was basically a Fudd/boomer wet dream.

Take it up with Scalia, who decided that Miller was still worthy of establishing precedent for the Heller case.

The Heller majority opinion in general should be considered a stain on Scalia's legacy. It was basically a Fudd/boomer wet dream.

He is incommunicado.

It's just more example of how little knowledge these guys actually have yet they make decisions affecting our fundamental rights.

The FF were mental giants compared to today's little thinkers.

The FF were mental giants compared to today's little thinkers
    And/or
    They weren’t insecure little bitches worried about what the media would think/say or being invited to dc parties.

I guess the internet should have been banned for regular people since it wasn’t “in common use”.
    we aren’t a country of law anymore we are well on the way to banana republic/idiocracy/1984

Lol @ all you people that think popo won’t enjoy trying to take our guns. They enforce ccw/nfa/AWB etc with glee

Reactions: Bender
    They still have not done me a solid. They double charged my CC back in June and I still have not received a refund. Contacted them multiple times, wrote letters etc. I was always polite and same with them but, they still owe me $200

• Wow
    Reactions: Shooter McGavin
    I say we add WORDS to the end of ATF, then people can get permits to talk about certain topics. If you are a felon you cant even talk. If you want to cuss, each word is a $200 tax stamp. If you want to use electronics to transmit words....gotta wait until your 18.

I mean words cause more violence than guns, right?

Maybe if they screw up your permit for words you can come talk about the solid they did you....

Sounds dumb, huh?

Reactions: Shooter McGavin
    two weeks later while storming your house at 3:00am after killing your kids dog and wife now with a foot to the back of your head trying to figure out how to blame you for all that death see if you still think it's a solid lol .

Reactions: Bender and Mwalex
    Doubling Down on all the haters. My next Form 1 will probably get approved in 2 days. You guys who are getting bent out of shape because I said the PEOPLE that work at the NFA division (who are West Virginia residents and probably gun owners themselves) were courteous and efficient at their JOB, need to chill.
    hello kitty 15.jpg
    puppy onesie.jpg

There is so much distrust/ Governments neptitude that when they do get something right it's still wrong.

I'd love to see the ATF go away but aunt Beth pushing paper is still just old Aunt Beth.