• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ATF EFILE

trauma1

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 23, 2012
Are the efile forms down on holidays? They have been down all weekend. I am trying to do a form 1.
Thanks for your input.

It is back up, but it won't let me enter the line item info for the firearm. The site lags, locks up, and crashes so much I almost expect to hear dial-up sounds when I log on.

It is back up, but it won't let me enter the line item info for the firearm. The site lags, locks up, and crashes so much I almost expect to hear dial-up sounds when I log on.
It's Terrible! Doing my form1 was one of the most frustrating things I've ever done online. Then you have to convert files for trust and all (which I had to pay a service to do). It was a nightmare to get it all correct and input correctly. Good luck

Reactions: Sniperstud
I made it all the way to payment today. It crashes when I tried to hit “sign and submit” I have know idea if it went through

I made it all the way to payment today. It crashes when I tried to hit “sign and submit” I have know idea if it went through
Log back in and it'll show "Processing" or whatever. You can go back and look at what you entered but not make any changes after you pay and hit submit. You'll also get an email (I got mine right away) with the cover sheet for the finger prints, plus your CC should show a charge. Then I got an email a couple days telling me how to do it. Thanks.

It's Terrible! Doing my form1 was one of the most frustrating things I've ever done online. Then you have to convert files for trust and all (which I had to pay a service to do). It was a nightmare to get it all correct and input correctly. Good luck

What, scanning 100 pages, compressing, copy/paste to Word, then upload 3MB at a time for 30MB total at dial up speed while crashing RIGHT at the end fiver or six times, but only after printing, signing, scanning, compressing, converting (to PDF ONLY) then uploading the 5320.23 while crashing, plus the photo, coming back to find out only half actually uploaded and you gotta re-enter the personal info and line item info each time it crashes too frustrating?

Took ALL day Friday, like nearly twelve house. For two Form 1's but I was determined to see it through. It completely went offline three times for an hour or more. Just mailed the prints off today. It better come back with a quickness because it's much less hassle to mail it in. I swear, the shit looks like it was meant to run on Windows 95. I'm shocked it's in color.

I'll be genuinely surprised if it works.

Reactions: Sniperstud
Log back in and it'll show "Processing" or whatever. You can go back and look at what you entered but not make any changes after you pay and hit submit. You'll also get an email (I got mine right away) with the cover sheet for the finger prints, plus your CC should show a charge. Then I got an email a couple days telling me how to do it. Thanks.

What, scanning 100 pages, compressing, copy/paste to Word, then upload 3MB at a time for 30MB total at dial up speed while crashing RIGHT at the end fiver or six times, but only after printing, signing, scanning, compressing, converting (to PDF ONLY) then uploading the 5320.23 while crashing, plus the photo, coming back to find out only half actually uploaded and you gotta re-enter the personal info and line item info each time it crashes too frustrating?

Took ALL day Friday, like nearly twelve house. For two Form 1's but I was determined to see it through. It completely went offline three times for an hour or more. Just mailed the prints off today. It better come back with a quickness because it's much less hassle to mail it in. I swear, the shit looks like it was meant to run on Windows 95. I'm shocked it's in color.

I'll be genuinely surprised if it works.
It took me literally all day, with the help of a service to compress my files ect...

I got all worried because I didn't recieve my 2nd email with cover sheet until a few months after submitting, and several told me I'd done wrong ect... finally got the cover letter and instructions Dec 15th. I submitted middle of Sept. Sent cards and Cleo copy on Dec 17th. Still no stamp as of today.

Call them, you actually get to talk to a person. They've always been helpful when I've called. They won't give you a specific date it will be completed, but will tell you if there is a problem. Form 1 should take no more than 1 month.

I just got it through today. I am waiting on the cover sheet email. Thanks !

Last time I tried it they disapproved it because I didn't send in the ATF copy of the RPQ.

Here's the bottom of the page they signed saying that...

Screenshot_20210120-145307_Gallery.jpg

Why would they sign in the approved side and not on the disapproval side?
The entire thing makes no sense.

I verified everything sent to them and the file names. Everything was correct. WTF?

If you did a form one for a suppresser and didn't get a cover letter right away then you are probably in Pending Research. Pending Research is 90+ days. I was in it for 96 days. I'm at the 4 month mark now and it's been and 3 weeks since the ATF received my prints.

Reactions: darkfader
Nope, my cover letter arrived minutes after I submitted. I've been in "SUBMITTED/IN PROCESS" since 11/10/20. Form1, individual. Nice lady at the ATF said paperwork is all good, it's waiting for the FBI.

My last form 1 took 3 months. Submitted 7/21/20 received 10/21/20.

Call them, you actually get to talk to a person. They've always been helpful when I've called. They won't give you a specific date it will be completed, but will tell you if there is a problem. Form 1 should take no more than 1 month.
While I’ve heard of some who receive the Form 1 in a month, not my experience.

My Form 1 was eFiled and paid December 7.

No word yet...

No word yet...
Did you get a cover letter and send in your prints? If not then you are probably in Pending Research. If you log in to the ATF eform sight it should say if you are.

Did you get a cover letter and send in your prints? If not then you are probably in Pending Research. If you log in to the ATF eform sight it should say if you are.
Yes, received cover letter and overnighted prints same day.
Will look at the website to make sure - thanks for the suggestion!

If you sent in your prints then you are not in Pending Research. PR is done before getting your cover letter and sending in prints. It could be just taking longer because of the holidays or you could be waiting for the FBI. If you are waiting for the FBI then kick back and take a nap, it could be a while.

Last time I tried it they disapproved it because I didn't send in the ATF copy of the RPQ.

Here's the bottom of the page they signed saying that...

Damn ! What is the RPQ? This is my first eform 1

View attachment 7532886

Why would they sign in the approved side and not on the disapproval side?
The entire thing makes no sense.

I verified everything sent to them and the file names. Everything was correct. WTF?

No word yet...
Yeah mine took almost 3 months to get my cover letter. I sent it in with prints and the cleo copy Dec 17th and still don't have my stamp. The "1 month" timeline that used to be the case apparently, for a form 1, is just not the case anymore. More like 4-6 month min.