• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ATF Form 1: Credit card stolen and cancelled

TXAZ

NOC NOC
Minuteman
  • Oct 3, 2020
    McMurdo Sound
    Form 1 SBR sent in last week w/ credit card for $200.

ATF hasn't charged the card yet. Today I was called by credit card company that my card has been compromised and they're cancelling it and reissuing a new number.

Anyone know if ATF will give me a notice and option to provide the new number or am I screwed somehow?

Any direction appreciated.

• Sad
    Reactions: KZP
    Form 1 SBR sent in last week w/ credit card for $200.

ATF hasn't charged the card yet. Today I was called by credit card company that my card has been compromised and they're cancelling it and reissuing a new number.

Anyone know if ATF will give me a notice and option to provide the new number or am I screwed somehow?

Any direction appreciated.
    Id start by calling them.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    What TD said.

When you get ATF - NFA branch on the phone, you can provide them with information on the situation, they can guide you to easiest path to resolve issue.

Reactions: Snuby642 and TXAZ
    94A30945-CE8B-4AF4-835B-F7B146AE82D9.jpeg

Hate to say it, but I'd also see if they even got the form 1. Hopefully the fraud didn't come a misdirected envelope.

Reactions: TXAZ
    This right here.
    If you do not have the number in your phone as a stamp collector, uh, whats wrong with you?
    Thanks gentlemen. It's my first Form 1 (of more coming), and appreciate all who provided the excellent direction. I did send a request into the ATF's "Ask the Expert" web link, so we'll see what happens with that. And with the number we'll make contact.

Last edited:
    wonder which agent at the atf stole your card data , oh no not the atf which is a legit and honest corrupt government agency and they would never , crap dude the atf stole your credit card info . Well think about it they probably needed to supply another foreign country with guns at your expense and others while stripping American citizens of there guns it makes perfect sense .good luck getting that mess taken care of best of luck .

I'd ask the same question on here before calling the ATF directly too.

I deal with the IRS and state tax agencies on a daily basis. I regularly get bad information and make it a point to record the date, time, agents name and ID number at the beginning of the call for this reason. Sometimes I call them out on the bad info and try t correct them in the nicest way possible. That's usually followed by the call being dropped mysteriously. When it happens we put the phone on speaker so that the rest of the office can listen in and get a laugh out of the situation. Sometimes we'll even let it drag on, put the phone on mute and we'll take bets on whether or not the agent will hang up because they get jammed up. I've paid for and received many delicious meals playing this game.

This is the government we're talking about here. Odd's are you're talking to someone who couldn't give a damn about your situation, has no idea what's going on and is pissing their days away until they can collect retirement. There's virtually zero accountability on their end if they lead you astray.

For the love of God, if you ever have a serious issue make sure you get your response in writing. You'd be amazed at how much of a shit show government offices are.

If you must call, RECORD EVERYTHING. It likely won't make a difference, but at least it's something.

Exact same thing happened to me. My selling dealer handled it. Added a few weeks or a month to the overall wait I would guess. IIRC, the dealer waited to be contacted by mail by the ATF.

I was warned not to pay by CC. I only send a check now.

phones are cool. until you need documentation of a conversation. give me an email any day

OP glad it got resolved
    In most states, it only requires one party to be legal to record a call (or just ask, or notify - like all the companies do) and instand evidence . . .