• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ATF Proposal 2020R-10

BoilerUP

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 16, 2011
Floyd Co, IN
To submit comments it needs to be in the following format:

Screenshot_20201219-001503_Chrome.jpg

So a photocopy of my dick on 8.5x11 paper is GTG

I dont have any braces, but I'm telling you, this needs to be the start of an endless pit of non compliance. They basically do this shit because we seem to be the only fucking idiot demographic that follows whatever they randomly come up with.

Ever wonder why no other group losses basically any rights, yet its ALWAYS firearms owners that do? Answer: Because we always end up whining about it on the internet, do nothing to counter it or try and 'take the high road' and then 1/3 of us are more worried about people posting pictures of a <16 inch barrel with an improperly welded muzzle device.

Fucking seriously people.

Same shit different administration. Until we take a stand and say enough is enough they will continue to chip away at our rights.

Same shit different administration. Until we take a stand and say enough is enough they will continue to chip away at our rights.

Will never happen. Not to be a downer, but I'm with TheGerman on this one. When I was a young teen in high school, I'd write papers and read about everything related to the fight for gun rights. I'd get in facebook debates, discuss with family/friends, etc. I'd wonder why more wasn't being done and ask "hOw CaN pEoPlE bE sO cOmPlAcEnT?"

I was motivated and hopeful.

That was more than a decade ago, but nothing has changed and nobody will ever take a real stand. People will bitch online in threads like this, but like TheGerman said, gunowners love telling each other how they failed to meet 922r compliance (personal pet-peeve...couldn't give less of a frickin heck about whether or not I have parts made in the correct country), how the grip on their "pistol" is illegal, and how they can't do X, Y or Z without getting a permission slip.

This blue-falconing, spotlight-ranger crap needs to stop.

So a photocopy of my dick on 8.5x11 paper is GTG

I dont have any braces, but I'm telling you, this needs to be the start of an endless pit of non compliance. They basically do this shit because we seem to be the only fucking idiot demographic that follows whatever they randomly come up with.

Ever wonder why no other group losses basically any rights, yet its ALWAYS firearms owners that do? Answer: Because we always end up whining about it on the internet, do nothing to counter it or try and 'take the high road' and then 1/3 of us are more worried about people posting pictures of a <16 inch barrel with an improperly welded muzzle device.

Fucking seriously people.

YES. German is correct. Stop being a bigger pussy than BLM, Antifa, the fags and the potheads. Seriously.

I've seen it happen. Cops treat potheads like fucking open season, potheads in a large crowd treat cops like open season. Unfortunately that's what we've devolved into. Mob rule. You go out with your illegal unregistered MG and homemade suppressor and ATF will be ALL OVER YOUR ASS. Do it in a crowd with others and they'll sit and mind their own fucking business. Promise.

"There is NO law but the common law"

I only have one brace, I wanna SBR it. But I'll keep the motherfucker and go out and yell and scream and bitch if you're willing to. But if you're just gonna sit on your ass, moan and wait for me to do it I'll just go file the Form1 now and save up to buy all the new SBR-ready shit that'll be available when you cowtow to your masters. I'll give you $1000 cash for your new Virtus you can't own anymore, or I'll go stand with you, I win either way so you decide. But when the shit flips, it will be a buyers market. Remember that.

Reactions: deersniper
This is the way!
1608362971675.png

6 x Sheriff's stood with us and openly testified they would not comply or enforce unconstitutional new gun laws!

Un-elected Chiefs are another story...........they are a problem & should not exist as they do not represent the people they are suppose to serve.

And below is the Sheriff that presides over the county where I shoot! Also happens to be home to LWRC.
He's been standing with us to push back on the gun grabbers for many years.
His thoughts on overzealous Feds. Well worth 1 1/2 minute listen.

1608363362193.png

Great now I have to photo document builds where I jumped through all their fucking hoops to build "legal at the time" firearms.

New 350 Legend build to comply with MD's new straight walled cartridge regs using an expensive (currently approved) Maxim Brace to comply with the Fucking ATF regs.
IMG_5806.jpg

My pictorial comment for new proposed ATF regressive regulation.
1608360795613.png

Last edited:
My personal opinion regarding the notice and proposed rule making:
  • I doubt it is a coincidence that the notice was issued the Friday before the holidays and limited to 14 days comment period that includes the holidays. The limited 14 day period is supposedly because the ATF/DOJ consider this a minor rule, despite the fact that it potentially impacts more than 3 million legal AR pistol owners. Congress being in recess is just a bonus for ATF in limiting comments.
  • If ATF/DOJ thought they had a legitimate concern and the legal authority to do so, they could have just admitted they changed their minds and declare pistol arm braces as a stock. The results would have been clear under the NFA, if they could pass legal challenges, for both owners and industry.
  • The ATF/DOJ chose not to follow the direct path in addressing their concerns but instead published this vague notice that does nothing but foster confusion. The only impact I can discern from reading the document is to coerce current owners to self register their brace equipped weapons as NFA items and to stifle commerce by creating unknowns and fear.
  • If successful, I could easily foresee this as the game plan for the incoming administrations web site's stated goal of classifying AR15s and high capacity magazines as NFA items and requiring registration.
I hope other concerned forum members take the opportunity to comment and contact their elected officials. I commented online, which was fairly easy if you could overcome the natural aversion to providing your name. Presumably your contact information isn't public information but that doesn't mean the Russian's don't already have mine 24 hours later. If you choose to do nothing, then expect more of the same. If you chose to do something then at least you can hope for better down the line.

Reactions: Texascbr
The decision has already been made, the so called 14 day comment period is just a formality, my Form 1's have been submitted.

there should be a riot.

Republican Pres: Rights stay the same.

Democratic Pres: We lose rights

At the end of the day its just a perpetual process of rights be rescinded and bootlickers supporting it.

Reactions: deersniper
People comply with bullshit gun laws.....HA HA I didn't realize that. All I can say for myself is I live my life as I see fit I don't hurt anyone else and I pursue happiness every day I wake up regardless of any laws on the books. The ATF, FBI, IRS, CIA, or any other corrupt organized crime outfit can go fuck themselves.

People comply with bullshit gun laws.....HA HA I didn't realize that. All I can say for myself is I live my life as I see fit I don't hurt anyone else and I pursue happiness every day I wake up regardless of any laws on the books. The ATF, FBI, IRS, CIA, or any other corrupt organized crime outfit can go fuck themselves.

They do all the time. Vast majority of gun owners are complete law abiders. Although I do 100% fully support your position and do love it. Hope you have a VPN because the ATF is probably downloading your IP address for a future sniff, and to take a pot shot at your dog.

They do all the time. Vast majority of gun owners are complete law abiders.

This is how I have lived my life for 45 years not changing now......LOL
“I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.”

― Robert A. Heinlein

Reactions: RickyRodney
They do all the time. Vast majority of gun owners are complete law abiders. Although I do 100% fully support your position and do love it. Hope you have a VPN because the ATF is probably downloading your IP address for a future sniff, and to take a pot shot at your dog.
Only 6% of Californians actually registered their "assault" weapons in 2000. I told them to suck my dick and that is what I think of the ATF's reversal.

This outlines a step wise potential plan for eliminating AR15s, most other semi-automatic firearms and their associated “high capacity” magazines.
  • ATF creates formal rule stating it may choose to prosecute owners of AR15 pistols equipped with arm braces because the weapons may meet a nonspecific set of criteria under which the ATF/DOJ now consider them as a NFA item (SBR). Existing owners flock to register their weapons under an expedited free amnesty program. Step one is a test of potential challenges to the overall plan.
  • ATF/DOJ create a formal rule stating the because of the rate of sustained fire capability of semi-automatic weapons with the potential to accept large capacity magazines, these weapons and magazines may under a non-specific set of criteria fall under the NFA as destructive devices. Existing owners flock to register their weapons under an expedited free amnesty program.
  • ATF/DOJ issue a reminder that weapons and accessories which fall under the NFA can not be used without a valid tax stamp in the owner’s possession. Persons applying for NFA approval have provided prima facia evidence that the item applied for is considered an NFA item. Due to the extraordinary number of NFA submittals persons applying should anticipate significant delays in approval. The ATF is so busy, it will no longer accept or respond to requests regarding the status of an NFA approval request.
  • Eventually, Democratic party control of the House, Senate and Executive branch occur. The filibuster in the Senate is eliminated. The National Firearm Act is repealed and all possession of any NFA item is banned completely. The newly packed SCOTUS rules this is entirely legal as prior NFA items can not be deemed items in common use. Prior registration and prior NFA approval request documents provide for a truly expedited recovery of the now banned items.
The plan above is purely hypothetical, however if you think it cannot happen, go back to step 1 and convince yourself you thought that it could happen. I'm hoping step one fails the test. Appeasement hasn't proven a successful tactic historically.

lol. Public comment. Like when people called non stop about Obama care

Maybe we should be like Antifa then they would be scared to do this crap.
Until we take to the streets in mass like the left nothing will change. Look at Virginia, they passed that shit the next day because they knew we wouldn't do anything about it.

there should be a riot.

Republican Pres: Rights stay the same.

Democratic Pres: We lose rights

At the end of the day its just a perpetual process of rights be rescinded and bootlickers supporting it.
Bush signthe (un)patriot act, and Trump started the ATF on this path of rule changes with impunity. We loose no mat who rules us.

I own no pistol AR platforms, SBR only, but willing to do whatever it takes including not kowtowing on this. Summation of my comment follows. Feel free to copy, plagiarize, add to it, etc, when you comment.

"Changing the rules in the middle of the game is not a legitimate method of enforcing unconstitutional laws. Cease the erosion of second amendment rights by 'interpretation' as it fits some unknown agenda. The rules as written that law abiding citizens follow and have spent hard earned compensation into hobbies and self defense are restrictive as it stands, and the practice of changing the interpretation further erodes Americans' confidence in their government agencies. Chipping away at second amendment rights like this is tantamount to treason and should be treated as such by the citizens that this is forced upon. This constant waffling is shameful, especially for a government funded agency. Agencies, especially the BATFE, should be upholding the constitution, not destroying it. These incessant changes that erode constitutional rights could lead to furthering the mob rule mentality that is already infiltrating our culture and corrupting the American way of life. "

Semper Fidelis,
Aaron

When they wanted to ban 7N6 and M855, the 7N6 letter received 5,000 comments and the M855 received 80,000 comments. They banned the importation of 7N6 but left M855 alone. Even though we now live in a banana republic and the rule of law is dead, it's worth the time to make a comment.

The more people take the time and effort to make a public comment, the harder it is to justify an action with "The citizenry clearly didn't care."

You can think the fix is in, you can think the decision has already been made, you can think commenting doesn't matter...but you'd be wrong. This is NOT the time for apathy and inaction and bitching and whining here would be put to much better use following the processes in place to have your opinion noted by unelected beauracrats.

This is the game. You might think the game is rigged, but we can still impact the outcome IF everybody fuckin' plays.

My comment below that I submitted.

"The issue with your declaration is you are trying to make a sweeping statement for dynamic variables. Height, arm length, strength and stamina are all dynamic variables that cannot be standardized for a population that is as diverse as the USA.

The fact of the matter is the velcro strap allows for one armed firing of a multitude of these pistols by individuals whom have the appropriate arm length, strength and stamina. Another issue exists where you (ATF) has approved two similar products which spawned the creation of more products based on the premise of your prior comments. You (ATF) did not provide standards by which these products should follow.

There was no issue from the ATF regarding pistol braces which lead to millions of individuals purchasing these pistols and subsequent braces. To make individuals felons overnight by the stroke of a pen is disingenuous (based on previous ATF acceptance). Furthermore, it is not the ATFs job to make laws but rather enforce them. The ATF has no right (based on prior comments from the ATF) to regulate commercial firearm accessories.

Please cease the attack on law abiding citizens and the second amendment."

"Upon further consultation with the Department of Justice and the Office of the Deputy Attorney General, ATF is withdrawing, pending further Department of Justice review..."

The US Attorney General runs the DOJ, and they appoint many of the ATF positions. I'd imagine we'll see this come back around next year when Biden puts his own US Attorney General in and they get rid of the ATF Director that Barr put in place. That said if the DNC wins the 2 senate seats in George in January, we're likely to have much bigger problems than braces to worry about.