• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s ATF seizes airsoft guns

Re: ATF seizes airsoft guns

My favorite comment below the article.....

"With minimal work, I converted my Datsun 510 into the Space Shuttle Discovery. Its amazing what you can accomplish when youre way too powerful, and ridiculously ignorant."

ROFL!

With the claims to be able to convert that toy you would think that the agent could put the AR mag in the correct direction. Even my hippie liberal veggie eatin friends would know that bullets go forward.

where they using real ar lowers to make them or something? That would be the only way I could see the atf thinking they could be converted.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: j27</div><div class="ubbcode-body">where they using real ar lowers to make them or something? That would be the only way I could see the atf thinking they could be converted. </div></div>

there's the problem... you're tying to see the ATF THINKING!!!!

SO this is what a college education gets you. Whats even scarier than that guy is that some, and I use the word loosely, supervisor actually reviewed and signed off on this utter waste of time and taxpayer dollars. And the government wonders why we don't want them making decisions as to our right to personal protection.

this is a story from early 2010 here in OR.
It is sold as TOY but True fact . It, this model has a Lower that will convert . It is, 1 - Propane model only . The Airsoft Trigger Group in the unit was 'Not' changed-out & was usable to function with only a few strokes of a File work . A working AR Upper was put strait on the Airsoft Lower and 1 live round was fired without malfunction or destruction of the modified Lower .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: softcock</div><div class="ubbcode-body">this is a story from early 2010 here in OR.
It is sold as TOY but True fact . It, this model has a Lower that will convert . It is, 1 - Propane model only . The Airsoft Trigger Group in the unit was 'Not' changed-out & was usable to function with only a few strokes of a File work . A working AR Upper was put strait on the Airsoft Lower and 1 live round was fired without malfunction or destruction of the modified Lower .
. </div></div>
do you have a link to where one of these may be purchased

Have no idea where to order one as I never bought a Airsoft rifle before.
I only know the Armorer that ATF let do the test and he did it & fired a live round with little effort on his part.

I heard this too (same story as Softcock). The airsofts are such real copies lately that they are basically making working AR lowers. On this one, I may very well have to side with the ATF (hanging head)
wink.gif

yep, not just a 'plastic' toy as most would 1st think . this was metal Lower (don't know the metal quality)
As I found out. There are actually pretty quality Airsoft replica builds out there & I think this model was ordered from Japan . I think was a propane model .

The Airsoft shop is only a couple miles from my house & I felt Bad that the small family owned shop lost there investment. (imho) BATF No Different than the IRS. They don't give a flying Fuck about business or profits .
I had a hard time believing that there was any grounds for BATF confiscation of a Play-Toy Airsoft rifle & possibility it would adapt to any Upper let alone fire a live round. So I know him & went over to the the armorers house and showed me & explained what little effort it took for live fire.

One word will describe this completely

<span style="font-weight: bold"> </span> oink <span style="font-weight: bold"> </span>

You can make a zip gun out of almost anything. Hell a piece of pipe, a nail, a spring, and a 12 guage shell and you can make a gun. I would like to see one of these airsoft lowers. Could be my next project. LOL

I love this line from the reporter at the end of the video- "The ATF insists it did the testing,and YES these can be CONVERTED INTO MILITARY GRADE WEAPONS"......Um, ok,one of three things is going on here, either Taiwan is making some really high quality airsoft toys, the military has VERY low standards for its weapons, or the BATF is full of shit. Myself, well, I'm betting on the latter. Not to say that an upper could not be put on the thing and fired ONCE, but "military grade" HORSESHIT.

Who is going to convert an airsoft lower
when it's much easier to drop a select-fire
sear into an actual AR??? "With minimal work"...
hysterical2.gif

ATF- Are Truly Funny

The seizure order was rescinded and there are no restrictions on airsoft guns anymore.

http://noairsoftforoldmen.blogspot.com/search/label/BATFE

The model in question:

http://www.airsoftextreme.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=4040

There are airsoft AR replicas that are similar enough to an actual AR15 to use many components, including the upper and lower receivers with modifications. The whole point of airsoft (setting it apart from paintball) is realism for Milsim.

Look up Operation Lion Claws to see the extent of modern Mil-sim.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVTZwoFiTZk

Yeah... I'm a shameless airsoft fan! It certainly has its merits if you look past the fankids.

Hey I can build a cannon out of duct tape and fire it......ONCE! The video of the "agent" trying to put the magazine in backwards was very telling. Why did they only fire the converted lower...ONCE. Was that all the evidence they needed to confirm this was now a military grade weapon?
They rescinded the order....does the airsoft store owner get his toys back? Intimidation by an agency out of control.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HiCapMag</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My favorite comment below the article.....

"With minimal work, I converted my Datsun 510 into the Space Shuttle Discovery. Its amazing what you can accomplish when youre way too powerful, and ridiculously ignorant."

ROFL!

</div></div>

Hahaha

29maqtt.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">"I'M ATF SPECIAL AGENT KELVEN CRENSHAW AND YOU HAVE ILLEGAL FIREARMS"</span>

2kg7dy.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">"THESE ARE AIRSOFT GUNS... THEY SHOOT PLASTIC PELLETS AND ARE TOYS"</span>

2bqzdk.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">"THE ATF IS NEVER WRONG..YOU ARE BREAKING THE LAW AND NOW I WILL PROVE IT"</span>

2zia2dz.jpg

5yht92.jpg

THE ATF ARE EXPERTS, DON'T QUESTION THEIR METHODS......

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uADb3NyYlSA&"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uADb3NyYlSA&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

They are the only ones qualified to do a live fire safety demo in a classroom full of kids.

Mall? No way. He got a promotion, shaved his head and is now seizing toy guns from innocent merchants in the name of public safety. His name is Kelven Crenshaw.......LMAO

"I'm the only one in this room professional enough, that I know of, to carry this Glock 40"

I just pissed my pants a little.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bucksquirelly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">either Taiwan is making some really high quality airsoft toys, the military has VERY low standards for its weapons, or the BATF is full of shit. Myself, well, I'm betting on the latter.</div></div>

I dunno, MIL-Spec is what 4 moa accuracy? lol

Btw, has anybody seen the new AR's made by Bushmaster from Carbon Fiber or something (upper & lower receiver). Whole carbine weighs like 6 lbs.

This guy is both dumb and dummer all in one, the mag pic picture is a hoot.And this is the type of person who enforces the rules. Dummer then my driveway. MM

Dumb asses trying to justify their paychecks... When you don't have real crime to fight with your over inflated B.S. Gubbmant agency, by god you make a crime!!!

Things don't have to make sense-- I'm a firearms instructor for a .gov, and beginning this year management is not going to allow me to use any live fire in the week-long Weapons and Tactics course. It will be done using airsoft. Maybe simunitions, but I doubt it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: insectguy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Things don't have to make sense-- I'm a firearms instructor for a .gov, and beginning this year management is not going to allow me to use any live fire in the week-long Weapons and Tactics course. It will be done using airsoft. Maybe simunitions, but I doubt it. </div></div>

My FD often does EMS standby for LE trainings here. They have gone from using simunitions to paintball and now to airsoft all in the name of cutting costs. Now with the most recent rounds of budget cuts here in AZ I'm sure we won't have to do EMS standby anymore becasue I don't think them running around saying "bang" is going to cause any serious injury!