• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ATF shuts down E-forms

OIP.jpg

Reactions: NoDopes and lash
Several articles out there... I have not verified them at this point.

Okay, here’s the reasoning behind it then. Political pressure on the Republocrats.

“The system, crucial for processing applications for silencers, short-barrel rifles, and other NFA items, reportedly closed due to Congressional budgeting concerns, leaving many to question the timing and reasoning behind the decision.

And

“In the months leading up to the shutdown, the eForms system saw a notable increase in the speed of application approvals. This efficiency led to speculation that the ATF might have been attempting to clear a backlog of applications before taking the system offline. The sudden halt in operations has transformed initial excitement over rapid approvals into concern over future delays and the impact on customer service. Congressional records emphasize the importance of prioritizing funding for the NFA Division to enhance processing times and address mounting backlogs, highlighting the critical nature of the eForms system to the firearms licensing process.”

Biden admin is using it to try and force a vote in their favor. There has been no government shutdown despite all the hue and cry that there will be.

It’s just politics as usual.

Last edited:
After reading about the recent fast approvals I was gonna get another can, don't need one, just want it. Fuck that now. Not gonna pay $1K plus $200 for the privilege of waiting 1 year to whenever they feel like it.

Reactions: lash
Shut down for budget reasons I guess. Impeccable timing I just bought an OCL lol at least it’s not my first can

Oh, and fuck those guys. This is exactly like when 0bama was dealing with budget shutdown and that MF'r went out and chained up all the parks.

Yeah, I literally paid for a new huxwrx 7.62 Flow can less than 48 hours ago. I just got one approved last week after waiting over a year, and I was hearing about all of the fast approvals.

Figures.

Reactions: 338dude and lash
It's more direct to actually view the contents of the live link than rely on some 3rd party website to generate an article telling you if the link works.

Wait…WAIT ONE DAMN MINUTE. You posted an actual fact!!

How the hell am I supposed to hyperventilate over nothing if you post the actual facts.

The horror…the horror.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I certified my first can on 2/27 @ about 9:30am. Lol

Reactions: 92G
Just made a purchase today, so waiting for the form to be submitted. I did email my Congressman to make sure they were aware of the issue and to see if he could get an answer about what’s going on.

Reactions: Jsp556
Dammit!!!!
I just ordered a TBAC takedown .22 last night from Mike High!!!!!
FJB!!!!!
It will be worth the wait….

I’ve got a Keltec P17 I’m picking up tomorrow. Can’t wait to put the TBAC on it and blow through some of this less than stellar 22 ammo I’ve been sitting on for years.

Reactions: lash
From the ATF Site: "While you may submit a paper application, you are encouraged to wait until the eForms system is back online."
Sit your ass down, STFU, and either wait or wait longer

Reactions: lash and cunnerman
After reading about the recent fast approvals I was gonna get another can, don't need one, just want it. Fuck that now. Not gonna pay $1K plus $200 for the privilege of waiting 1 year to whenever they feel like it.

So you're going to let them win because you can't be patient?

Throwing a tantrum like a toddler is their move.

Reactions: ewoaf
These people seriously need to get their shit wired and stop overworking their people who are only 25% of what they actually need.

Maybe the programmers didn't program a Feb. 29 into the platform 🤣

Hope they are back up soon, most commercial SaaS contracts have minimum uptime requirements...

Reactions: nikonNUT
Maybe the programmers didn't program a Feb. 29 into the platform 🤣

Hope they are back up soon, most commercial SaaS contracts have minimum uptime requirements...
This^^^ Didn't source a decent date library (and the lowest bidder most like built their own) and when the automated update hit the front end shit the bed. As an aside, I withdrew a Form1 and got the verification e-mail about 5 hours after the outage started so stuff is still getting processed but trying to certify? Well, we are fucked for the moment!

Last edited:
Okay, here’s the reasoning behind it then. Pital pressure on the Republocrats.

“The system, crucial for processing applications for silencers, short-barrel rifles, and other NFA items, reportedly closed due to Congressional budgeting concerns, leaving many to question the timing and reasoning behind the decision.

And

“In the months leading up to the shutdown, the eForms system saw a notable increase in the speed of application approvals. This efficiency led to speculation that the ATF might have been attempting to clear a backlog of applications before taking the system offline. The sudden halt in operations has transformed initial excitement over rapid approvals into concern over future delays and the impact on customer service. Congressional records emphasize the importance of prioritizing funding for the NFA Division to enhance processing times and address mounting backlogs, highlighting the critical nature of the eForms system to the firearms licensing process.”

Biden admin is using it to try and force a vote in their favor. There has been no government shutdown despite all the hue and cry that there will be.

It’s just politics as usual.
one glaring flaw in this statement is that they aren't clearing any backlogs at all. I'm still sitting on a shit ton of form 4's from mid last year, and all the new submissions are getting approved in days or weeks.

If I had to guess, and just a guess, the blitzkrieg on new form approvals is just them trying to skew their numbers in the "approval wait times" aggregate.

None of me believes these assholes just finally decided to start doing their job for our benefit.

Swell, I submittted mine 2/21. We pay a GD generous fee. Figured it should self funded program mostly

So you're going to let them win because you can't be patient?

Throwing a tantrum like a toddler is their move.
"Impatient" is my middle name ;)

Seriously, I don't need another can but when I saw these fast approvals I figured I'll get another one and take advantage. But it seems no one really knows what is going on. I realize eforms has regular maintenance outages, but those videos make it seem like this is NOT just a planned maintenance outage. I hope they are wrong.

It went down Tuesday night. The 27th.
This doesn't seem like it would be a software date issue.

The NFA is clearly unconstitutional with recent SC rulings. I wonder if it will be heard before I'm dead.

Reactions: cunnerman
This all has to do with the .gov shutdown that was looming. They will shutdown stuff, sites etc, a few days prior. I saw a continuing resolution was passed yesterday. I would guess the site will be back up on Monday.

Reactions: Charger442