• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ATF shuts down r/gundeals on Reddit

Heebhammer56

I'm here because I'm not all there.
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 18, 2023
    Florida
    ATF has ordered a cease and desist for a buy/trade sun on Reddit.
    89B8CA29-4E61-478D-A981-3F98AEF9748C.jpeg

• Haha
    Reactions: ewoaf
    Is there any info as to why? (Other than the typical ATF "because we say so" reasoning)

Need some context.

If all this thing did was allow people to connect in regards to guns for sale, how is this possible?

If the transactions were person to person, like they are here, the ATF has zero fucking authority.

I can’t imagine Reddit selling guns or how else this would operate in a manner that gave the glowies the authority to shut it down.

Right...i'm a little confused also. What laws were being broken? I can see reddit shutting it down but not sure what got AFT involved (not that they've never overstepped their "authority").

It's April first and there's no firearms sold on reddit the sub wouldn't exist if they did.

Gun deals is a sub to post...(good)deals.

So how does the ATF have the authority to shut it down?
    It’s April fools...

Saying gun deals the subreddit or website is “selling firearms” is like saying I’m selling firearms because I tell you midway has a sale going. The only thing gun deals sells is ad space it’s no different than a the old coupon pages in the newspaper.

There’s no transactions, it’s links to websites. Why would they shut down the guns.deals subreddit, but not the actual website?

Reactions: BScore