• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ATF wants 80% Lowers Records

Its really no problem. Just engage your state senator to look out for your rights.....Oh, wait....

Next thing you know tengas and fleshlights will be redefined as firearms, too. 80% is nothing but machined metal. They need to get their leashes yanked up good and tight.

"A manufacturer made an 80 percent receiver in plastic with a different material and colors which show exactly where the customer can drill making it easier and cheaper to build. The ATF said it is illegal.

Read more: http://fox5sandiego.com/2014/03/12/gun-store-owner-halts-federal-raid/#ixzz2vso5v7Jb"

My reading comprehension has failed me in the past, however, it appears that the polymer lower with alternating colors showing where to remove material is the problem. My assumption is that because of the differing materials for what stays and what gets milled out, the ATF ruled the lowers no longer fit the definition of an 80% lower and are illegal to sell without serial numbers and background checks. But, I'll not expect anyone to let a few facts get in the way of a good blind rage...

It seems to me that illegal 80% lowers throw a shadow of impropriety on legal 80% lowers. Kind of like how poachers make hunters look bad and how crimes involving guns make law abiding gun owners look bad.

I know, I know, "but the LIST!!! They want THE LIST!!!" As those that were sold the 80% lowers will not be on the list, because the 80% lowers are not firearms, I'm not sure the ATF will be able to convince a court to compel the store owners to provide the list...

My reading comprehension has failed me in the past, however, it appears that the polymer lower with alternating colors showing where to remove material is the problem. My assumption is that because of the differing materials for what stays and what gets milled out, the ATF ruled the lowers no longer fit the definition of an 80% lower and are illegal to sell without serial numbers and background checks. But, I'll not expect anyone to let a few facts get in the way of a good blind rage...

It seems to me that illegal 80% lowers throw a shadow of impropriety on legal 80% lowers. Kind of like how poachers make hunters look bad and how crimes involving guns make law abiding gun owners look bad.

I know, I know, "but the LIST!!! They want THE LIST!!!" As those that were sold the 80% lowers will not be on the list, because the 80% lowers are not firearms, I'm not sure the ATF will be able to convince a court to compel the store owners to provide the list...

Color scheme is not in the ATF definition, at least not one that they published just yet. Nor is there an approved palette from which to mix and match. I wonder from which ATF office the interested agents originated? San Diego is a warmer clime than much of the country and we could technically be between seasons, so if the agents were from Washington State and the 80% lower was embellished in brighter hues the perceived faux pas could be that the spring colors were released before decorum should really permit. However, if the colors simply out and out clash I can definitely see a case for "impropriety". If any of these concerns were at issue I think a possible legal defense could be color blindness. I am likewise not aware of any particular fashion statement that would distinguish poachers from non-poachers. Sounds like a niche market for Donna Karan.

Color scheme is not in the ATF definition, at least not one that they published just yet. Nor is there an approved palette from which to mix and match. I wonder from which ATF office the interested agents originated? San Diego is a warmer clime than much of the country and we could technically be between seasons, so if the agents were from Washington State and the 80% lower was embellished in brighter hues the perceived faux pas could be that the spring colors were released before decorum should really permit. However, if the colors simply out and out clash I can definitely see a case for "impropriety". If any of these concerns were at issue I think a possible legal defense could be color blindness. I am likewise not aware of any particular fashion statement that would distinguish poachers from non-poachers. Sounds like a niche market for Donna Karan.

"Seriously, would you look at him? The man is just so gauche! Who would shoot something like that after Labor Day! The nerve!"

1hwlOa5.jpg

:eek:

"Seriously, would you look at him? The man is just so gauche! Who would shoot something like that after Labor Day! The nerve!"

Veer,
I'm deeply disturbed that you just did one of the best impersonations of my mother I've ever "heard". Nicely done buddy.

Veer,
I'm deeply disturbed that you just did one of the best impersonations of my mother I've ever "heard". Nicely done buddy.

Tell her that the sandwiches at the last canasta party were lovely and that I can pick up that item at the dry cleaner's if she can drop it off for me.

The issue with the lowers is the way they are manufactured. They make a 100% lower and then turn it into an 80%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"A manufacturer made an 80 percent receiver in plastic with a different material and colors which show exactly where the customer can drill making it easier and cheaper to build. The ATF said it is illegal.

Read more: http://fox5sandiego.com/2014/03/12/gun-store-owner-halts-federal-raid/#ixzz2vso5v7Jb"

The ATF doesnt get to "rule", and if I were president wouldnt even exist.

Nothing a little swat team raid won't fix, because what they worry about winning in court they will just fix by terrorizing instead.

The issue with the lowers is the way they are manufactured. They make a 100% lower and then turn it into an 80%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What happens when someone prints an 80% lower in multiple colors? It would technically be made as an 80% lower with the same effect.

What happens when someone prints an 80% lower in multiple colors? It would technically be made as an 80% lower with the same effect.

Perhaps, but that is not the case here. A virgin is a virgin until he/she is not. And never again will he/she be able to regain that distinction. Likewise, an 80% lower is 80% until it is not. Once complete, a 100% lower is 100%, regardless of what you fill the voids with. What is done cannot be undone.

Again, it is not the "color scheme" but that the voids of a complete lower were filled in to create the appearance of an 80% lower. I'm sure that if the the construction process was the same, that a black on black receiver would also be problematic.

Perhaps, but that is not the case here. A virgin is a virgin until he/she is not. And never again will he/she be able to regain that distinction. Likewise, an 80% lower is 80% until it is not. Once complete, a 100% lower is 100%, regardless of what you fill the voids with. What is done cannot be undone.

Again, it is not the "color scheme" but that the voids of a complete lower were filled in to create the appearance of an 80% lower. I'm sure that if the the construction process was the same, that a black on black receiver would also be problematic.

Instead of building a 80% lower, milling it out, then filling it back in, I believe they molded the 100% receiver around the 20% piece, and used that as the argument to justify why it was in bounds.

ATF should be disbanded. I'm not even sure what they do except sell weapons to drug cartels and get Americans killed, and terrorize law abiding citizens. I'm sure with all the other federal, state and local law enforcement their duties could be divided up and we could save U.S. Tax payers millions of dollars per year.