• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ATF

ironman56

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 18, 2020
I have a actual feel good story about a interaction with the ATF today, kind of a long story, some background, about 30yrs ago my dad who passed Feb of this year, bought some dynamite and blasting caps to blast a hole for a underground house he was planning on building, well plans changed and a few years later, he buried the dynamite ( No one remembers where and he hid the blasting caps in a 1956 ford victoria that was on his place ) so my mom decides to sell the car ,but wants to get rid of the caps . Enter the ATF , she calls them today , they agree to come and get the caps today , unbelievable, that's fast , so they show up , just one ATF and 3 EOD guys from Austin bomb squad , anyway the search the car and no caps , who knows where they got off to , but all 4 guys where as nice as could be , no dogs where shot and no one was abused or arrested, so they do serve a purpose. And are not all bad actors .

giphy.gif

Reactions: FWoo45 and Bender
I was surprised they responded so fast , must have been a slow day. They were all young guys , and i supposed were exmilitary , like I said only one was ATF others were bomb squad from Austin APD , personally I wouldn't have called anyone , just found the caps and buried them , but I wasn't my call .

So.....are we supposed to give them a cookie for acting like normal humans?
What does this suggest?.......
Only person experience I've had with them (thank god) so no cookie, just thought I'd post about it thats all , hopefully I'll never see another agent in my life , but the odds aren't good.

It's not nitro glycerin.
It can be when it breaks down

Nitroglycerine
1697810217214.png
1697810304422.png

tnt

1697810246051.png
1697810326024.png

Soils with high clay contents or small particle sizes and high total organic carbon content have been shown to promote TNT transformation. Possible TNT transformations include reduction of one, two, or three nitro-moieties to amines and coupling of amino transformation products to form dimers. Formation of the two monoamino transformation products, 2-ADNT and 4-ADNT, is energetically favored, and therefore is observed in contaminated soils and ground water. The diamino products are energetically less favorable, and even less likely are the triamino products.[citation needed]

The transformation of TNT is significantly enhanced under anaerobic conditions as well as under highly reducing conditions. TNT transformations in soils can occur both biologically and abiotically.[41]

It can be when it breaks down

Nitroglycerine
View attachment 8253301View attachment 8253304

tnt

View attachment 8253303View attachment 8253305

Soils with high clay contents or small particle sizes and high total organic carbon content have been shown to promote TNT transformation. Possible TNT transformations include reduction of one, two, or three nitro-moieties to amines and coupling of amino transformation products to form dimers. Formation of the two monoamino transformation products, 2-ADNT and 4-ADNT, is energetically favored, and therefore is observed in contaminated soils and ground water. The diamino products are energetically less favorable, and even less likely are the triamino products.[citation needed]

The transformation of TNT is significantly enhanced under anaerobic conditions as well as under highly reducing conditions. TNT transformations in soils can occur both biologically and abiotically.[41]
Did not know this.
I'm always learning, daily.

So what's all this mean , the soil where my dad buried the dynamite is around Jarrell Texas mostly black dirt and limestone rock .no clay but some caliche.

Glad you didn’t loose your dogs and mother…

We had a local bomb scare last year…

Whoever makes a sticky bomby thing shaped like this needs blown up themselves. 😂

37C7493E-1AD3-410F-B2A8-3EC606707688.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 10ring'r and JR_77