• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Athlon Ares ETR turrets

Triggerhappy

General Nuscience
Minuteman
  • Feb 15, 2009
    Calif., MO
    I just received my Athlon Ares ETR and the elevation turret feels like an old rusty zipper. It is hard to stop on the correct setting and has a zipper like sound to it. The windage turret feels like you would expect, smooth audible clicks. At this point I am up in the air on returning for another or try to find something else. Input??

I called they said send it back to were I got it from, and said stainless turrets feel different never had this problem before blah blah blah.

The elevation turrets have a solid click unlike the windage.

They did this to provide a more tactile feel according to them.

I called they said send it back to were I got it from, and said stainless turrets feel different never had this problem before blah blah blah.
    Definitely not like any response I've gotten from them before. I dealt with a guy named Drake the couple times I've had to call.

My elevation and windage turrets feel the same. This is not the normal response you hear from Athlon, sounds like you got it handled with the second call though.