• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Athlon ARES ETR UHD Windage Question

303nickb

Private
Minuteman
Apr 22, 2023
Colorado
Hopefully this isnt too dumb of a question, i am new to the long range shooting scene, i have usually just gone to the range to zero rifles before heading out hunting and have always kept my shots to below 400 yards.
I recently purchased an Athlon Ares ETR UHD, in the manual it states that the reticle comes centered from the factory and any windage adjustment should be made at the base/rings.
I feel that i have a great zero at 100 yards, i can put 3 rounds thru the same hole no problem, but in order to achieve this zero i had to dial right 1.5 mils.
My question is, did i improperly install the scope ? should i be able to zero without having to move the windage ?
Last question, i see that the windage cap in the center has a black flathead, same as on elevation turret, am i able to remove the windage cap and set it to zero ? this was not mentioned in the manual.

Scopes usually ship at zero of mechanical elevation and windage range of motion, but not always. Have to shift it L or R to get zeroed to your rifle is normal. If your zero is good at 100y, and you dial to 400 without adjusting windage and conditions are calm, your impacts should be about 0.7-1" right of point of aim due to spin drift if its a right twist barrel. This will tell you if you're mounting system is square to the bore.