• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Athlon Argos NON BTR

ROLEXrifleman

Snipers Hide Original
Minuteman
  • Dec 23, 2004
    INDIANA
    Any input on the standard ARGOS line, non BTR series?

Looking for a .22lr 50 yard and under scope. We put a budget NEOS on one for my brother and the knobs were as mushy as mashed potatoes. While it holds up I wasn't impressed. Is the ARGOS the same? looking at the 6-30 model.
    Does anyone know if these are eteched reticles?

Thank in advance for any and all feedback.

RR

I have the Argos 4-16x40 in mil on my 20 caliber.

Unfortunately on my rifle, because I don't have a 20 moa base, I'm topped out with only 3 mils. It's just how the scope is in those rings. But today I hit the ram at 550Y on the first and only shot holding over on 10x, which is where the mils are correct.

I'd put the scope above average in a price to quality ratio. The clicks line up close but not perfect and are reasonably distinct, about the same as other scopes in this price range, same with everything else about the scope, it's only a $180 scope.

Personally I wouldn't expect the Argos 6-30 to pull off 30x well, less it's likey fine, but I haven't been behind one. Clicks are probably slightly better than the Neos???