• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Athlon Cronus BTR 4.5-29x56 APRS illumination

Paul_R

Group Commander
Minuteman
Jun 25, 2011
Nor-Cal
I've had an issue with illumination on these scopes.

Right side of the reticle is brighter than the left side and has a bit of bleeding. First scope was bad enough that I sent it back to Athlon. They couldn't fix it and sent me a new scope (Thanks for great customer service!).

Unfortunately the new scope does the same thing though not as pronounced. It's usable but irritating.

Anybody else have this issue with this scope?

Mine looks fine to me. I can see how mayyyyyybe the right side is a hair brighter but it’s not a problem

Yep, looks like mine. The first one was much worse. Maybe I'm just spoiled by perfect illumination from Vortex :unsure:

Glass is way better with the Cronus so I suppose it's a wash.

I have one and im also not impressed with the illum..i guess we cant expect too much from a scope on this price?

I have one and im also not impressed with the illum..i guess we cant expect too much from a scope on this price?
The new prices on the gen 2 razors isnt too far from the cronus so I wouldn't say that's accurate

The new prices on the gen 2 razors isnt too far from the cronus so I wouldn't say that's accurate
And that is why..with price going on for gen2 razor..i would choose them over btr unless its going with my hunting rifle and want something lighter

And that is why..with price going on for gen2 razor..i would choose them over btr unless its going with my hunting rifle and want something lighter
Shouldnt the locking turrets outweigh the weight for a hunting rig?

The illumination on mine is slightly brighter on the right but it’s only an issue when I’m practicing ninja delta seal maneuvers in my tactical jammies with the light off at home.

Illumination in not a big priority for me.